Collecting Bukowski Question (1 Viewer)

I'm confused. When you browse a site like abe. to search for signed editions of Buk's books, how come the details of individual books vary when, in fact, they should be the same. An example: One seller is selling a signed, limited to 400 numbered copies of "There's No Business;" another sellar is offering a signed, limited to 426 numbered copies of the same book. How's that? I've noticed this with other books too: one seller says a particular book is limited to, say, 400 numbered copies, and another says the same book's limited to 426 numbered copies. I know there's a difference between lettered and numbered copies - but when the ISBN #'s the same, how come the contradictory claims?

Christ.

This book collecting sounds well dodgy. Am I right?

And it's addictive. Friend of a friend is wafting "Pulp" under my nose with Buk's drawing of bird, dog & sun inside. I don't know why but I have to have it. Becoming like Utz, I am (See Bruce Chatwin's book about obsessive collecting). Does that make sense to anyone? :rolleyes: Colecting Buk's sucking my cash away. I'm not minted, either; it's a matter of choice - or is it an addiction. Fuck, I can't help it.

Evas said:
I'm confused. When you browse a site like abe. to search for signed editions of Buk's books, how come the details of individual books vary when, in fact, they should be the same. An example: One seller is selling a signed, limited to 400 numbered copies of "There's No Business;" another sellar is offering a signed, limited to 426 numbered copies of the same book. How's that? I've noticed this with other books too: one seller says a particular book is limited to, say, 400 numbered copies, and another says the same book's limited to 426 numbered copies. I know there's a difference between lettered and numbered copies - but when the ISBN #'s the same, how come the contradictory claims?

Christ.

This book collecting sounds well dodgy. Am I right?
If there's no other difference between the two, some sellers include the lettered as well as the numbered edition when they quote a limitation, thus 400 numbered + 26 lettered = 426 copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back