Database updated

mjp

The stone that the builder refused
Founding member
Over 5000 posts
In the never-ending quest to appease the Gods (a.k.a. Google), I have made some changes to the database code to add the poem, book, magazine, recording, etc. titles to the URLs on the results pages.

Like so:

greatman.png

To get that to work I had to update the code in pretty much every file that the database uses, and I think I've tested all the options, but if you notice something that doesn't seem to be working as you'd expect in the database, please let me know.

Thank you for your kind indulgence.

I thought that I'd run some checks and got over to the Wormwood site here (database/lists/Wormwood Review Appearances). The first poem listed there is Thank God for Alleys. If I click the link, I am brought to the page that lists books, magazines, manuscripts, etc. All of those headers are present, but they are not populated (everything is grayed out). Conversely, if I search for the same poem at the main database search page, I get the a hit and when I click that link, I get to the same page, but it is populated with book and magazine appearances that are links to further info.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm assuming that searching through Wormwood should bring up the same info that comes up from the main search page. I also tried this for the NYQ and I found the same issue, so perhaps the links through the individual magazines (and/or other routes) aren't connected somehow. I tried the "Books" link and that seemed to work OK.

mjp

The stone that the builder refused
Founding member
Over 5000 posts
Yeah, I fixed the lists that rely on database queries, but the lists that are static pages are going to take more time.

I made a temporary fix to prevent the blank results, so they should all work now, they just don't have the title URL.