Divorce summons (1 Viewer)

cirerita

Founding member
Guilty of "extreme cruelty" and of inflicting "grievous mental suffering"...

divorce1.jpg

divorce2.jpg

U.S. Government legalese was slow to change and not even pretty to begin with. They were bureaucrats then and now without regard for style points. It might have been a carryover from the telegraph age ?

I don't know about US-law, but in Germany there used to be a principle with divortions that claimed, that one of the partners needs to take the "guilt" for a failed marriage - by law.
(In Germany called "Schuldprinzip") This principle was only dropped somewehere during the 1970s. Before that, claims like cruelty etc were common in those sorts of papers.

Nice find! - i wonder if people can get divorced nowadays without giving a reason? I don't see why they should give a reason at all.

I don't know about US-law, but in Germany there used to be a principle with divortions that claimed, that one of the partners needs to take the "guilt" for a failed marriage - by law.
Yes, it was (is?) common for divorces in the USA to be based on fault. That is the origin for all of those set-ups where a spouse and a woman/man are "discovered" in a hotel room - factual "proof" of infidelity. Staple of many classic films. No-fault divorces are relatively recent. I would be curious to see if any evidence of cruelty was submitted. Would such proof only be required if the divorce was contested? I presume Buk didn't contest the divorce so that evidence might not have been presented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back