• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Don't anybody bid on this (1 Viewer)

Hmm, has anyone else seen a Black Sparrow signed/numbered with the number below the signature? Or written large like that? Seems suspect, especially if the cloth spine is incorrect.

I sent a message to the seller asking questions, we'll see if they answer.

mjp said:
Hmm, has anyone else seen a Black Sparrow signed/numbered with the number below the signature? Or written large like that? Seems suspect, especially if the cloth spine is incorrect.

I have not seen the number or letter written below the signature. I had a copy of Barfly that was bound as the other numbered signed copies, but was only signed, so I would assume that the colophon pages were signed and then either numbered, lettered, or in some cases designated printer's, binder's or presentation copies. Additionally, I have seen variant colored cloth backstrips on several BSP books...

hmmm...

i probably copied this photo from another ebay sale, but i'm not sure when - about a month ago i think.

sept_stew.JPG

zoom man said:
...the cloth spine is blue, not black.

Seller said, "The spine cloth is a light-to-mid blue which, due to my technology, appears darker in the image I've provided on eBay."

I just scanned my copy of this book,(and we all know I have a cheap scanner....)
See if I can get it up here....
It looks damned blue to me.
And I stand corrected too about an earlier post in someother? thread,
That Buk would never write 26 (for ie.) above or below his signature,
But would be more sprecific->
26/750.
Well, my copy have Septugenarian has his printed '26' only, and it is under his John Hancock...
And this signature on the book for sale here that I said "Don't bid on" does look damned fine,
So maybe I'm just an idiot and shouldn't post again :rolleyes:

Septu.JPG

Yeah. More so than the spine, I thought the numbering was odd, but now that I know that some of the later books were numbered that way, it doesn't look so "off."

mjp said:
Seller said, "The spine cloth is a light-to-mid blue which, due to my technology, appears darker in the image I've provided on eBay."
I wonder why he wouldn't make that question of yours public on his e-bay item....
I don't have anything against this seller
(Hell, know nothing about him)
But when I first saw this item, the spine cloth caught my eye
(Not only did something not jive, but I distinctly remembered that spine cloth cover because I had a first non-signed before I 'moved up' to the nxt)
So I had to dig out my copy
(Vividly remembering that blue color)....
E-Bay will forever be a gamble,
Good and Bad
(too cool sometimes, and othertimes...).
(And, as to another thread, whoever provided Jeff's latest Buk catalog, THANK YOU, you know what you're getting when you get from him)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back