Dylan mentioned Bukowski... (2 Viewers)

Erik

If u don't know the poetry u don't know Bukowski
Founding member
...on episode 15 of his Theme Time Radio Hour show.
Actually, he finished off the show with a whole poem by Buk.
The theme of the show was MADNESS.
Now here's a competition for you all: Which Buk-poem do you think Bob read for his listeners on his madness show?
:rolleyes:

Huh?
Bob read a Buk-poem on his show a week back.
Guess which one!

OK, forget Dylan, he's just a punk rapper, ok, but what Buk-poem would you choose for a radio show on madness?

when it comes to certain things, it's my way or the highway.
As it should be when you try to redefine something that the creators have already defined.

The crew of that particular pirate ship are telling you that punk is an attitude, not a musical style. When you argue with pirates, you get the cutlass!

As the kids say.

hey, dig.

flexibility? yes and no.

when it comes to certain things, it's my way or the highway. thinking-wise.

i have earned my phd in that here.

while POVs are welcome, and all men are created equal, some are just more equal than others.

bwtf: dylan is a lyricist, right?

Dylan is ahhhhh, what did he call himself back in ? A "song and dance man?" I'll go with that for the moment.

As far a flexibility goes, at work our black humour has it defined as the ability to bend over and grab your ankles. :eek: And keep smiling while you're doing it.:D

Glad you've got a phd from this forum. I didn't even get a t-shirt.;) (I've been meaning to speak to the management about this but really it's all a lost cause.)

Oh yeah, I cheated and now know which poem Dylan declaimed. What a truly horrible life I lead.:)

(I like emoticons at this particular moment.)

when it comes to certain things, it's my way or the highway. thinking-wise.

Well, I enjoy a good argument, and all I can bring to that is what I see. If we discuss subjective concepts, there's no such thing as anyone's way.

Anyway, I wonder if Dylan read the poem that Buk wrote about his neighbors in the courtyard playing Dylan, Dylan, all the way...(sic)

Erik, I guessed. And then I listened. And I was correct. Fancy that.

Of course, I would expect you to get it right, Hank S.
Nothing fancy about it. :D

OK, he read: "Some People", from Burning in Water...
You know, the one with the famous lines "Some ppl never go crazy, what truly horrible lives they must lead".

Pretty good choice.

Anyway, I've noticed that Dylan usaully quotes "vintage" poems by Buk. Perhaps he only owns "Burning in Water..."? Anyway, that tells me that he has been a Buk-reader for quite a some time, and he seemingly hasn't grown out of his Bukinterest, you know, like Henry Rollins or other shallow, adolescent types did... :D

Erik, thanks for this. Do you know what other Buk poems Dylan has read and was this last reading recently a new show or a replay?

It was a new show, about three weeks ago.
The theme was madness, and the following week the theme was happiness. Haven't got around to that one yet.
Other poems? I remember he read "A Radio With Guts" on one show, and another poem I can't recall the title of, but it has a line that goes something like" I hope the boys on the row have a bottle of red...", or something like that (the theme was rich man, poor man). Hank Solo please?

Wanna listen for yourself? Try here, no here

...and another poem I can't recall the title of, but it has a line that goes something like" I hope the boys on the row have a bottle of red...", or something like that...

'trashcan lives' in 'You Get So Alone At Times...'

the wind blows hard tonight
and it's a cold wind
and I think about
the boys on the row.
I hope some of them have a bottle
of red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back