Earliest Known Recordings of C.B. (1 Viewer)

"On Friday and Saturday, October 26 and 27, 2007 at 8PM,
'Radio Beats', a new sound performance by Pacifica Radio Archives (PRA)
Director Brian DeShazor will make its debut at Rapture Cafe in New York City''s East Village.
The two-night run will mark the 21st century premiere of recently discovered recordings that are the earliest known in existence of legendary Los Angeles-based poet Charles Bukowski.
Via extremely rare recordings, Radio Beats will also feature the voices of other seminal American poets including Anne Sexton, Beat-era godfather Lawrence Ferlinghetti and Beat icon Allen Ginsberg. The performances are free and open to the public; Rapture Cafe is located at 200 Avenue A (between 12 & 13th), New York City, NY 10009.

The Bukowski recordings were first broadcast on KPFK/Los Angeles in 1962, and feature him reading from his first book of poems......"

(full article HERE:
http://usstock.jrj.com.cn/news/2007-10-22/000002816063.html )

Yeah! so please - if somebody's able to Have this: let us participate and make it downloadable will ya!?

Domator:
hehe, "OMH"? - I figure this means "Oh, My Hank!" , right?

The key here is, "...Unearthed in early ''07 as part of a critical PRA preservation and access project funded by the National Endowment For The Arts..."

That would suggest to me that it will be publicly available, if not online, at their archive.

KPFK has always been a radical station. They have some wild stuff there: http://www.pacificaradioarchives.org - look at some of those shows from the 60's...

Public Access Catalog
Keyword or Subject: bukowski
Archive Number:
Record: "BB4966",
Poetry of Charles Bukowski.
Los Angeles : Pacifica Radio Archive, 1962.
Series:
Recorded:

Poet reads selections of his own work.|POETRY OF CHARLES BUKOWSKI - Poet reads selections of his own work. - BROADCAST: KPFK, 5 Aug. 1962.

Poetry of Charles Bukowski.

Reels: 1 of reels 1
Length: 1 reel (44 min.) : 7 1/2 ips, mono.|44:00
Total: 44:00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back