Even more bizarre than Cameron Diaz... - Jewel? (1 Viewer)

I've read worse, I don't like it, but I've read much worse. There was a lady 40ish, on the bus the other day, handed her book of poems to a friend to read, I read over her friends shoulder,
"Friendship is like a flower
It blossoms
and then it grows"
and then I puked in my mouth a little

MJP, when you posted the poem by Jewel, all the negative responses in regards to her seemed to have stopped...
Well that's because the poem was so awesome, dude. Her early work is really the most lyrical and transcendent part of her massive oeuvre.

I know that after reading it myself, I sat in the corner weeping and praying. And I know now, that Jesus will never answer my prayers, for he is in constant contact with Jewel. How can anyone top-

'and sunshine battlefields
ricochet around the dustbowl migraine of my walking feet
far away from this
yellow banana boat
far away from this spastic plastic fantastic
far away
far
away'

I go now, to burn my own wasted work.CRB:(

finally! a book worth smelling...:eek:

When asked, Kenneth Starr reported that it smelled like cherry blossoms, white-out and patchouli.

Wait a minute !

First, I thought mjp had successfully transmitted the entire translation, after falling asleep in a cave. But then his imaginary grandson was killed by the son-in-law of David in the land of milk and Tupelo honey before the cock crowed three times. And in came Jewell

I shall not speak of her
She is my queen of Jewell-ness....

I've read worse, I don't like it, but I've read much worse. There was a lady 40ish, on the bus the other day, handed her book of poems to a friend to read, I read over her friends shoulder,
"Friendship is like a flower
It blossoms
and then it grows"
and then I puked in my mouth a little

I probably would have started laughing uncontrollably. That might be cruel, though.

Well that's because the poem was so awesome, dude. Her early work is really the most lyrical and transcendent part of her massive oeuvre.
Do you mean poems like this?
Geeywl (click at yr own risk)

ss-090225-dancingnew-tease.hmedium.jpg

Whose image is that on the front of our favorite poet's Flashdance/80's-retro/dance thingy ? Heath Ledger ? :eek:

Does this help?

attachment.php

:eek:

Attachments

• jewel_shirt.jpg
    jewel_shirt.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 275
Come on roni, you know that first photo was tampered with even before you blew it up. The one I posted is the real McCoy!

:rolleyes:

I don't like the cut.
But what I like about it is, the picture is 'melting' into the shirt.
I always had a dislike for selfmade-shirts that had this square-frame around the pics that clearly yells at you: This was homemade by someone who doesn't care for details!
When I did shirts myself, back then, when this started to be possible and thus was a cool thing to do, I've NEVER used a square frame. Even if it meant to have a smaller pic, I prefered to cut the background and get something 'lifelier' (is that a word?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back