Factotum second time around (1 Viewer)

They should have put those scenes back into the main movie for the DVD. Their being relegated to the extras doesn't really speed the movie up.

mine is R1 and has deleted scenes.

Mine is R2 and has the deleted scenes (15 min.) plus the short story "Horseshoe".

I wish they had kept those deleted scenes in the film. They're great scenes. There was no reason for deleting all of them...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...there must be more than one R2 version then. Mine has a mainly light blue cover with a pic of Dillon, cigarette in mouth and beer in hand...

Well, probably it's some shitty polish DVD and that's why i have only movie and trailer :)
I love my country...

i've seen this on cable recently...I see people's point on the slowness...the way dillon talks, kind of monotone, not much emotion (anger or otherwise). the chicks were too skinny from what I imagined in my mind...no thigh or ass really. it was watchable, but somebody could have done better, I think.

I bought this film for about £2, not so much for the feature but the short film in it which is so full of Buk humour it has me rolling every time I watch it...

I agree that Factotum lags in places but it does seem to grow on you after each viewing as others have pointed out. Not bad for 24 days of shooting either I say. Dillon does a pretty good job capturing Buk mannerisms and subtly, but yes the movie overall does seems to lack some spark to me. Still enjoyable enough though, Barfly too.

And yes, if it brings new people to Buk's works then it's all gravy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back