• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Fante Black Sparrow Soft Covers (1 Viewer)

As you all know, I've been selling my Bukowski collection. That means, of course, I'm also selling my John Fante books. The hardcovers are long gone. I was going to sell the soft covers as a lot on eBay, but then it occurred to me to check with this group first.

2890230365_0ec6646d5c_m.png

I will be putting a few more things on eBay in the future. Here's a list:

Going Modern Bukowski chapbook
Photo (8 x 10) of Bukowski taken at his wedding (possibly a Montfort photo)
Signed photo of Bukowski like that pictured at the left of this site
Paperback of Shakespeare Never Did This
Miscellaneous signed items I'm not sure how to categorize

Let me know if there's anything in which you're interested. You guys get first dibs before eBay.

For those of you who are wondering, the majority of my Bukowski stuff was purchased or obtained from Red in the 1980's. He, as many of you know, owned Beyond Baroque Bookstore right off of Hollywood Boulevard. He had everything. If you wanted something with Bukowski's signature, you went to Red. If you wanted something out of the ordinary, you went to Red. I was always hanging out at Red's bookstore.

I'm still finding things that I got from Red. I just found a copy of Bukowski's poem "Red". It's a xerox copy of it. It bears Bukowski' signature, but truthfully I can't tell if Bukowski signed the xerox or signed that from which the copies were made. The reason why I bring this up is that I also noticed Red's signature on it in ballpoint pen. So, you see, there were all kinds of Bukowski-related items that I got from Red.

I'm still finding things that I got from Red. I just found a copy of Bukowski's poem "Red". It's a xerox copy of it. It bears Bukowski' signature, but truthfully I can't tell if Bukowski signed the xerox or signed that from which the copies were made. The reason why I bring this up is that I also noticed Red's signature on it in ballpoint pen. So, you see, there were all kinds of Bukowski-related items that I got from Red.

I got one of these from Red too. Bukowski's sig is in the xerox, not original. Red gave these out pretty freely to people that he liked. It was sort of a claim-to-fame for him.

Assuming you're selling the seperately, I must ask what year\printing that copy of Ask the Dust is. If you're not... I'm still curious.

If any of them are printed in 1983 I'm interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back