Fante (1 Viewer)

LickTheStar

Sad Flower in the Sand
Reading I Meet The Master in Portions... made me wonder... what was the earliest reference to Fante in Buk's works? Was it the mention in Women?

Also, I know there are quite a few poems ABOUT Fante as well... One in Betting on the Muse\Between the Earthquake..., one in Night Torn Mad With Footsteps, one in You Get So Alone..., and then Dangling is dedicated to Fante...

I know I've read others, but I don't remember titles... so if anyone has a master list, that would be spectacular. Thanks a lot (again)!

Reading I Meet The Master in Portions... made me wonder... what was the earliest reference to Fante in Buk's works? Was it the mention in Women?

Interesting question. Hard to believe that Fante was first mentioned in "the interview" in Woman.

... one in You Get So Alone...

'You get so Alone' has at least 2:
- 'the passing of a great one' (p.147)
- 'the wine of forever' (p.149)

I seem to remember, Gerry Locklin once said, Buk has mentioned Fante in conversation several times before 'Women', BUT not before he was directly asked about Fante by someone.

Maybe I have Gerry on tape saying that and'll look it up some day. Or easier: someone go ask him ...

133784.jpg

http://blogcritics.org/book-review-fante-a-familys-legacy/

book-fante-splsh.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back