• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Fire Station - 1/100 w/tissue jacket (1 Viewer)

Okay, so, this is kind of obsessive, but, here's a really interesting lot up for auction at Freeman's via eBay. It's a hardcover copy of Fire Station, but what's unique about it is that it includes the red tissue wrapper. I almost NEVER see the jacket still married to the book. It's frail and is easily ripped, faded and is typically gone missing. This lot ALSO includes a brief, but funny, letter by Bukowski ca. 1962 (for Christ's sake!) to poet Cid Corman (anybody know who that is? I don't.). Time to break open my daughter's piggy bank.

Just kidding.

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws...viewitem=&item=110080122324&rd=1,1#la-image-2

Last edited by a moderator:
They estimate the value as being between $150 and $250. Kinda makes you wonder how they come up with these estimates. My guess is that it will sell for $750+.

I see that our friend, Ross Runfola is bidding. If you really want it, Bill, you'd best get ready to open the vault.

$750+ sounds right to me. Probably closer to $1K. We'll see...

I'll take these things pretty far... but he'll always take them further.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

...what's unique about it is that it includes the red tissue wrapper. I almost NEVER see the jacket still married to the book. It's frail and is easily ripped, faded and is typically gone missing.
And this one appears to be in like-new condition. Impressive.

Last edited:
Maybe we could all pool our funds and purchase it, just like the Simpsons episode with Radioactiveman #1.. It could be with me for the first 40 years, then with Cirerita (well he's closer than the US), then Bill, then mjp, then...

Oh and Mr Martin is now in the running...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back