For all you Buk nuts & freaks & lovers & haters (1 Viewer)

cirerita

Founding member
As you can read in the thread linked below, I'm buying the French Born Into This DVD and ripping the extras and then mailing the DVD to all people interested. The interesting thing is that I'm including a little something: an uncollected, hard-to-find poem which I'm not uploading to the Unpublished/Uncollected forum. It's a good, long poem from the mid 60's. The only way to get this poem is to get the DVD as well. That is, I'm not mailing just the poem to anyone, so please don't request it. If you get the DVD with the French extras, you'll get the poem. It's a package, so to speak.

I'm willing to make 25 copies, so first come, first served. If you're interested, please say so in this thread:
https://web.archive.org/web/2020/https://bukowski.net/forum/showthread.php?t=248

Please do not ask me which is the poem I intend to print, I won't disclose it. You might have it, but you'll have to run the "risk" to know that. But let me tell you that I think almost nobody in this forum has a copy of this poem.

a few notes: it won't be a fancy thing. I'll just scan the poem, convert it to Word and print it on regular white pages. same for the DVD: you'll just get the content, no fancy menus or presentations.

you'll only pay for the blank DVD + shipping + a partial amount of the French DVD -the more people interested, the cheaper it gets.

I'm halfway through the poem. This is one of those really early NARRATIVE poems -with lots of dialogue- which proves wrong the critics & scholars who say Bukowski started writing narrative poems in the early 80's.

As everyone else, I am very much interested.

Please e-mail me or otherwise contact me on this site telling me how I go about getting your DVD and bonus poem.

Thanks for this.

ok, the poem is done. it's a 10 page long, single spaced piece using Times New Roman 12 point font. there were a few typos in the original and I left them. I'm not John Martin, so I'm not "correcting" the text whatsoever.

I orderded the DVD from Amazon France last night, so I guess I'll get it sometime next week.

I'll let you know all the details (final price, how to pay, etc) when I finally know how many people are interested in this little project.

some good news:
I'm including an UNPUBLISHED poem as well. So you'll get an uncollected 12 page long poem and an unpublished 1 page long poem.

If possible, I'll include some rare Bukowski footage (the reading in Hamburg comes to mind) in the DVD along with the extras from the French DVD.

Great, you made me cry...nice work.
seriously, thanks for this cirerita. it's a beautiful thing.

yes yes...as I can only get my hands on the U.S. version of Born Into This and we got ripped on extras.

I'm very interested in this.

You are a good man Cirerita.

cirerita said:
some good news:
I'm including an UNPUBLISHED poem as well. So you'll get an uncollected 12 page long poem and an unpublished 1 page long poem.

If possible, I'll include some rare Bukowski footage (the reading in Hamburg comes to mind) in the DVD along with the extras from the French DVD.

...and the reading in Hamburg! - WAUW - that would really be something!!!
...respect, respect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back