• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

FOR SALE - On eBay Now - Terror Street #16 (1 Viewer)

Terror Street #16

Here is a very short list of my Buk collection (have much more). Looking to sell some pieces. Have collected for 20 years. Need some input; have checked out Abe, PBA and some other sites. Better to sell direct here or through auction houses? Alot of my stuff is numbered or lettered; paintings, etc. Any advice welcome; or interest welcome.

1. Terror Street #16
2. Bukowski Purdy letter "V"
3. The Captain IOTL letter "R"
4. Days Run Away #30

Pax

I agree about ebay. Puts it out there straight away and reasonable fees. If you want to sell and you price it reasonably - you will have the cash within a week.

I've seen prices all over the board; what's the best way to find the right price? And I received a private message in my user cp and don't know how to respond - newbie. Tx

20% off the lowest prices on Abebooks, more or less.

You can always list them on eBay with a reserve you consider reasonable, that way you won't sell them off too cheap.

eBay? Now?

If those books were mine I wouldn't put them on eBay right now. If you don't have to sell you might want to wait a bit.

What if this is him?

To answer a private message just pull open the message by clicking on it and hit the Reply button.
To get to it( just in case you are at that capacity ) click on the underlined Private Messages sign up there under your Welcome, .

To whom it may concern:

I received a private message in my user cp and don't know how to respond

In all things it's best to be polite.

Unless the message is from a picture of a dog
wearing a bow tie.
image.php

:eek:

In that case, brute force is called for.
Spare no insult; be blunt, direct, and snap the
whip briskly.

They will never know my name, my meaning, nor the treasure of my escape. Well, maybe my name: in the real world is Bill. My meaning: still trying to figure that out. The treasure of my escape: used to be writing, now, it's painting. Hope this clears up whatever never really needed to be cleared up...and what a dog! And thanks for the info on how to reply; just did. : )

They will never know my name, my meaning, nor the treasure of my escape. Well, maybe my name: in the real world is Bill. ................ Hope this clears up whatever never really needed to be cleared up...and what a dog! And thanks for the info on how to reply; just did. : )

Bill;
The dogs name is Bill and he won't come up to me unless I have food or the leash. He refuses to be treated as a fluffy little lap dog. he is all business, guarding the flock to the death.
Glad to make your acquaintance and again welcome you will have a home here.

Just because one lunatic is on a buying spree does not make this the best time ever - or even a good time - to put top shelf Bukowski stuff on eBay. It is an absolutely shitty time. And if your stuff doesn't strike Mr. Lawrence's fancy, it either won't sell or it will sell for way less than you wanted to get for it.

Just because one lunatic is on a buying spree does not make this the best time ever - or even a good time - to put top shelf Bukowski stuff on eBay. It is an absolutely shitty time. And if your stuff doesn't strike Mr. Lawrence's fancy, it either won't sell or it will sell for way less than you wanted to get for it.

Mr. Lawrence???

A shitty time might be indeed the best time ever.
To buy, yeah.

Mr. Lawrence???
The one person who is buying. Goes by stnickl on eBay. He buys expensive Bukowski items. Used to bid very high, haphazardly, recklessly and seemingly without knowing anything about what he was buying.

He disappeared for a few years, apparently to try to learn a little bit about what he was doing, and now he's back, still going for the expensive items, but not recklessly, and he's not buying everything.

So if you feel like trying to predict his whims (and possibly going through months of lies and bullshit waiting to get paid), yeah, this is a great time to sell on eBay.

: ) Thanks for the input here and other posts. Greatly appreciated.

Anyone interested in Terror 16 LMK. I'll try and put together a more complete list of what's available and post. But getting these pics taken, and converting, etc. is a PITA.

Terror-16-Cover.jpg Terror-16-Art.jpg Terror-16-Sig.jpg

Pax

I wish I could afford to make you an offer homeless mind, I really do. Wondering, what made you decide to sell your collection? It looks (and sounds) like you've got some really fine and rare books there. It must have taken some dedication to put them together.

Homeless Mind - it is impossible to find more dedicated Bukowski fans than on this site.

I am very interested in Terror - my favourite book. As your other mentioned books.

Please provide a price guideline and we can start the negotiations. I am sure once you list what you have and what you want - the responses will flow.

As Criteria mentioned - we would all love to know how you collected the books. Were you in the industry?

Although the Australian dollar is murdering me at the moment - unless you are willing to be paid in the little Aussie battler!!

I look forwrad to seeing your books on my shelves!!

I wish I could afford to make you an offer homeless mind, I really do. Wondering, what made you decide to sell your collection? It looks (and sounds) like you've got some really fine and rare books there. It must have taken some dedication to put them together.

I have some pieces you are missing from your site. If you are the gent with collecting Buk dot com. And man, what a great site you have. I also have some pieces you haven't listed, but I'm just starting to go through my stuff after a long layoff of looking at it. Will comment more shortly. Pax

Homeless Mind - it is impossible to find more dedicated Bukowski fans than on this site.

I am very interested in Terror - my favourite book. As your other mentioned books.

Please provide a price guideline and we can start the negotiations. I am sure once you list what you have and what you want - the responses will flow.

As Criteria mentioned - we would all love to know how you collected the books. Were you in the industry?

Although the Australian dollar is murdering me at the moment - unless you are willing to be paid in the little Aussie battler!!

I have very few heroes in life. They are mostly rock stars. Please don't think my mind askew. My rock stars include Beethoven, Bukowski, EAP (dead in an alley), Jimi, Jim, Janis -- and others.

Started collecting BUK many years ago, 20+. When I published my first real book (1991), Sir Charles was mentioned (in the prefatory note). I realized the will and potential of the man, and bought everything I could. Doubles, if possible. While many of my friends invested their pennies in stocks, I bought BUK. They all thought I was fucking nuts. Perhaps.

Now, the world is turning for me.

I'm doing my own gig and getting some good gigs at that.

So I can unload of few of my duplicates. And, some originals for reasons I will leave personal.

Many books bought at GOTHAM BOOK MART: WHERE WISE MEN FISH in Manhattan, NY. I was the first call from the original owner, rest his soul. He knew how serious I was about collecting BUK. Any book that came in, I bought - without negotiation. First phone call.

That's how I amassed an incredible library. What you see being put up for evaluation/sale here is the tip.

Need space. Art-Book shelves coming down; paintings going up.

Hope this clarifies a bit; understand, it is the treasure of my escape. And a way to put a few things back in the mix.

Pax,

Homeless

I have some pieces you are missing from your site. If you are the gent with collecting Buk dot com. And man, what a great site you have. I also have some pieces you haven't listed, but I'm just starting to go through my stuff after a long layoff of looking at it. Will comment more shortly. Pax

Yep, that's me. If you're ever bored and looking for something to do, feel free to scan some of the missing items you have and send them my way (if you're interested, PM me and I'll fill you in on the specs). The site is in need of an update and I have several scans that have been sent to me in the last couple of months that still need to go up.

Please provide a price guideline and we can start the negotiations.

Yes HM please sell to PBBUK.

Now PBBUK... where exactly in Melbourne do you live? :cool:

Homeless Mind - thanks for the background.

Roc - if I manage to buy Terror - you are coming over for a BBQ and several beers!! We can then compare our collections and toast the great man, Buk.

Homeless Mind - thanks for the background.

Roc - if I manage to buy Terror - you are coming over for a BBQ and several beers!! We can then compare our collections and toast the great man, Buk.

I'll come over for a beer, too.

Just opened the book for the first time in many, many years. Can you explain the "extra" pages between 42 & 43. 66 & 67. With BUK embossed images. Very cool BUK stuff; little man, etc - lotsa drawings. Also, the type on the title page (embossed) -- I believe that's the term. I can try and take pics, if interested, unless that is the norm with the book.

Never noticed it before.

Just opened the book for the first time in many, many years. Can you explain the "extra" pages between 42 & 43. 66 & 67. With BUK embossed images. Very cool BUK stuff; little man, etc - lotsa drawings. Also, the type on the title page (embossed) -- I believe that's the term. I can try and take pics, if interested, unless that is the norm with the book.

Never noticed it before.

Yes. https://bukowskiforum.com/showthread.php?t=2810&p=27270

"How much for the little girl? The women? How much for the women?"

"Your women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters. Sell them to me. Sell me your children!"

I'll come over for a beer, too.

Never noticed it before.

That is the norm for all copies, but certainly not the norm for BSP titles. It's "blind stamping" (Thanks to ROC for explaining - but know he's joking about the pencil comment :eek:), and is discussed here:

https://bukowskiforum.com/showthread.php?t=2810&p=27270

I may have to express some slightly more than mild interest as well. And, I'm sure you have more...:cool:

Damn. I am.

Will try and take and post. PITA squared. Also read the comments, and yes, there is a letter at the beginning and end of this bad boy. Thanks for the link purple and hank!

ANY SUGGESTIONS, PADRE???????????????????

Just tried to take the photos when that ball was called a strike, which lead to the double play...and the Phils are up now. In short, the photos showed NADA. Looks like a blank page....

ANY SUGGESTIONS, PADRE???????????????????

Just tried to take the photos . . . In short, the photos showed NADA. Looks like a blank page....

I'll give you my home addy.
Overnight your entire library
to me, and I'll immediately see to it.

(kof)

Or. . .

How about at an angle?

Hope that helps.

upload coming shortly...can anyone tell me what the max upload is? tried to upload multiple images about 200k each at the same time; didn't work; thought jpgs could be upto 219.7 each??? tx

homeless mind said:
Here's the angle shots, Padre.
Not sure if this will work or not - hope so.
Tried to make as large as possible.
Pax,
Homeless

Now, the upload...dang!

Round two, trying to upload...

Emboss-&-Page-43.jpg Emboss-&-Page-43(B).jpg
Emboss-&-Page-66.jpg Emboss-Title.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back