• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

FOR SALE - On eBay Now - Terror Street #16 (1 Viewer)

big TX

Emboss-&-Page-43(C).jpg
tried it on my own here; can anyone see any of this?????????? pax

Lotsa peeps have asked me for prices. Interested? PM me. Will supply details and further photos. Will be posting on eBay w/in 48 hours, as that is another avenue. Giving BUKNET members first dibs. Hope that means something. If not, paint me ignorant. Iv'e painted, and been painted worse. LOL. Thanks to all who have helped me with this process----To all my friends...

Pax,

Homeless

Do post links to the eBay auctions
if / when you decide to sell anything there.

Not that I can bid,
but there are those here who may.

beautiful. If Nick notices it, you hay have a sale. If he is not interested, it will be a tough sell.

Are you willing to let us in on what the reserve is?

Bill

"Final personal note, this book has been kept under lock and key since I've owned it; only taken out to be photographed. "

That depresses me... :( I do understand given the rarity and value of the book though. I just... I don't think I could own something I had to be that careful with. I'm... well, not very careful with my things, historically...

yeah. Lucky for you that this was 1) noticed early, 2) there were no bids (you cannot change the title once there is a bid) and 3) that you had a reserve anyway.

Some people have picked up GREAT deals when people misspell his name and they can get a $200 for $5...

Bill

As promised, here it is: 180303273170

PM me any Qs, if interested. And thanks to all who have helped me along the way; you know who u r.
Specifically: Father Luke, Jason, MJP, Chronic+, and others... (BTW: If anyone else sees any mistakes, please LMK. Will fix; and tx.)

Pax,

homeless mind

yeah. Lucky for you that this was 1) noticed early, 2) there were no bids (you cannot change the title once there is a bid) and 3) that you had a reserve anyway.

Some people have picked up GREAT deals when people misspell his name and they can get a $200 for $5...

I have never posted on eBay before. Ignorance is bliss... And I would never post a book with this value without a minimum. Are you saying that without a minimum, the book would have sold for less than the starting bid? If so, there is something wrong with eBay's auction system....especially to those who have a learning curve to encounter... BLTG

homeless mind said:
Are you saying that without a minimum, the book would have sold for less than the starting bid? If so, there is something wrong with eBay's auction system....

No, there's no way your book could have sold for less than the starting price of $4k. But judging by the fact that you have a reserve, we can infer that you want a minimum of more than the starting price for it. I think that's what Bill is referring to.

Sometimes people just have a low starting bid because they are relying on the market to drive the price up to an acceptable level. An example would be the copy of It Catches on ebay a couple of weeks ago. I believe they started the bidding at .99 cents or something like that. It sold for over $400, but if they had spelled Bukowski wrong, someone might have picked it up for a mere 99 cents because no one else noticed it and bidded.

If your reserve is the same as your start price, you're probably paying ebay too much.

ebay charge you a fee based on your items start price as well as a charge for setting a reserve. So one or the other should do. I'd say that in future you should start the item at the reserve and if no one bids fair enough. Or start it low but with a realistic reserve to protect your item from going too cheaply.

Some people will start an item cheaply but set a massive reserve to gain an idea what people might bid. When the item ends and the reserve isn't met, they at least have an idea of how much they'll get for the item on ebay currently. Obviously this could wind up your potential bidders if they realise that what is happening.

If the reserve is say $10,000 you would only be expected to part with it if someone bid over the reserve. But I believe you can choose to sell to the final bidder at the end even if the reserve isn't met - say they bid 9,995 ;)

Good luck with this and your future sales.

i think ebay refunds the reserve price if the reserve is met. i don't know for sure, since i never put reserves on my auctions.

Don't know either; and TX for all for the input. Chronic+, I had viewed that list, and can't make heads or tails out of the same book going for different values, but both quite significant, not for the common collector.

I have a great bookcase where it can sit for another 15+/- years. My reserve was really finding out the process, but nothing ventured, nothing gained...etc. My hope is that a serious collector, someone who *NEEDS* this copy, will acquire it. Corny, but true.

Great description.

Is it wrong to feel such strong emotional ties to a book? I'm talking lust ... possibly love ...

Can u lust for something you already own? Love is all you need.

Pax

Homeless Mind

Reserve taken off book, as advised by some folks here. TX for the input. And good luck if anyone here decides to bid!!!

Can you really quote yourself? That seems a bit vain (lol).

Well, the book did not find a buyer on eBay. It is resting comfortably in an antique book case (probably sighing with relief) with all its siblings.

But stay tuned Batman, another episode may be in the works...;)

Now we know that if we just bid $4,000 on everything, we can win out over STN. ;)

Glad you still have it, in a way, HM. When the time comes for it to leave you, it will for the right price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back