Games based on Bukowski's poetry (2 Viewers)

I think the fact that the final assignment in a Georgia Tech class called "Game Design and Analysis" was "Create a game which captures Bukowski's poetry" is maybe the most extraordinary thing I've heard in a while.

A Buk computer game? It sounds like a nightmare...

- What about selling Buk clothes? Then we could all walk around looking like little Buk's. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just what do you think a redneck is? I can appreciate that English is not your first language (and that you speak better English than most of us speak any other languages), but you should not try to insult people with very "country specific" insults that you do not understand.

I must say that there are very few true rednecks that would spend their time reading poetry and posting on a board about poetry. You may as well have called him an apple, which would have made as little sense.

Bill

p.s. He is a binding sniffer, though.

CKoD: Please don't insult the real rednecks of the world, by calling GKHLove one. It takes many years of hard drinking (even if it's soda pop), book burning, oceans of stupidity, backwoods knowledge that is inherited, and so much more to be a true redneck. In fact, some may argue that it's almost genetic. So please refrain from using that term, until you understand the beauty, the significance, of its meaning.

(dang, Bill, you beat me to it again!!! LOL)

Pax,

homeless mind

Dear not so cool kid of your Polish death;
I don't think you are Polish and I think English is you're first language. I know we are just trying to have fun so my feelings are not hurt. Redneck can be a compliment and many people could be defined as that if you want to label everyone. Right now I think you should just be yourself and we will get along just fine.
The YouTube is funny in an odd sort of way. So relax and be yourself and we'll all be fine. Hey are you a big fan of Star Trek?

A Buk computer game? It sounds like a nightmare...

Dude it already exists Buk is looking for adventures (women) and booze !

Click here : http://www.falko-hennig.de/organisa/start3.htm

Then go ahead with the following steps:
Click on Bukowski then choice "Die Suche" - to start the game click on the red marked door then you are able to navigate the Buk with the arrows on your computer keyboard.

Here's the link for the game: http://www.falko-hennig.de/organisa/buko/laby.htm

I don't think you are Polish and I think English is you're first language.
I'm with you.
I know we are just trying to have fun so my feelings are not hurt.
You are a good boy, GKHLove

Redneck can be a compliment and many people could be defined as that if you want to label everyone.
I tend to see more red necks in the summer than at this time of year
Right now I think you should just be yourself and we will get along just fine.
The beautful reddish/brownish color on your dog's head does not extend to his neck.

The YouTube is funny in an odd sort of way.
I thought it sucked personaly, but the technology of today may be out of reach for some of the Polish.

So relax and be yourself and we'll all be fine. Hey are you a big fan of Star Trek?
Thanx GHKLove, I think all people can use this advice now and then, and I have been trying hard at this in my daily life.

I never got into Star Trek myself and I think Shatner killed his wife.

GerardKHLove, you are one of the kindest 'strangers' I have ever met. Your gregariousness is a wonderful thing. Thank You for being yourself. Cindi B.:)

Listen to me, Gerard, who wants to be my dog.
Do you like Iggy Pop?

I didn't want to hurt you...
I hope that everything is allright and you can still watch Oprah, eat big packs of icecream and finally be yourself!

Okay, so you are in Poland and you are a Bukowski fan and you watch too much TV. I do not have TV in my house- too many commercials- and we do not eat big packs of ice cream. I do believe that Oprah is beloved in this country but I do not watch her anymore.
I like Iggy Pop more now than I did but you must love jazz and classical music.

My mother in law is Polish which means my wife is Polish Ukrainian American. If you are what you eat that pretty much makes me Polish.

I still didn't care for that video game, but don't let that interfere with our new found friendship. ( high five, bro );):D

I have a picture of Pope John Paul II hanging in my room and the kitchen.(Polish Pope)

Pope.John.Paul.II.2005.jpg

and let's not forget the Polish American kids:

Cool Kid of Death.

I'll be your dog. But I'm not housebroken. In America, that means, I will piss and shit anywhere in your house. Not break your house.

You are very funny; and I appreciate your banal humor.

If you could only choose one Bukowski book, JUST ONE, which one would you choose?

Please let me know, so I can purchase it and we can discuss.

Thank you.

Pax,

homeless mind

The game sounds ridiculous.
Who the fuck would buy one?

Here was my gonzo point. Cool Kid suffers from malapropism, but not in the classic sense. He doesn't misuse words that sound similar, he just misuses words. Calling people dogs and rednecks "” and not wanting to hurt people, he misses his own point. So I had a bit of fun with it. Again, gonzo-style. While strung out on decaf.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back