Gasparilla Day (1 Viewer)

Well, about 1,000,000 people are about to take over my hamlet tomorrow.

And to think, the Super Bowl was here last week...

Has anyone heard of this event? Been to it?

It's like Mardi Gras, with a Pirate twist.
(Let me further qualify, one writer called it Animal House for adults.)

Here's a local link.

http://www.gasparillapiratefest.com/

I'm getting ready to duck. Aargh!

(BTW: They actually sell bleacher seats on the side of the road, can you fucking believe it!?!)

Pax

hey, james:

(coughing up beer through my nose, temporarily, in laughter -- and that's hard to do, considering i'm currently drinking a VT.)

not hardly. you can walk anywhere in Tampa with a drink -- of any flavor -- and the police will not bother you. it is a drunkfest, amateur-style.

i need to read the web site. sorry.

it is, as i just added to my previous post, what one writer calls, "Animal House" in Tampa. no shit. but it's not just a frat house, rather the entire hamlet/city.

for real.

pax

Bummer, they turned Ground Hog Day into a alcohol free event. I can't believe these fuckers still go out there to see that rat in 3degree temps. without any booze!CRB:)

sad to say, i belong to facebook too. and i subtley promote my wears (and wheres) there. but i do have fun with words there, too, like i do here. and as i stated to one of my, ughm, "friends" who bitched about g-h day, I'LL TAKE MINE WITH WHITE WINE, HAND-CRUSHED GARLIC, OVEN ROASTED. 350 degrees for an hour is about right....but dad-gum, the fur is a problem!

good to hear from you m'lady. hope you haven't partied to much after the big win. and if you did, why the hell wasn't i on the guest list???????????????

BOOZE, BOOZE, BOOZE, AT GASPARILLA DAY HERE, THERE IS ENOUGH BOOZE TO FILL AN OCEAN. AND, FORTUNATELY OR NOT, IT ALL GETS CONSUMED. BEWARE YE OF NON-PIRATE STATUS! YOU WILL BE HIT WITH BEADS! THROWN FROM THE FLOATS AND/OR BOATS SURROUNDING AND NAVIGATING THE STREETS AND WATERS OF TAMPA!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!

pax,

homeless mind

for those who are disinterested, and for those who may be interested, i call it MY HAMLET, because i feel a kindred spirit to the gent in BRAVEHEART who called his splotch, MY IRELAND. i kinda liked the look in his eyes when he said it, more than the words...

(this is a separate thought, so if the mods could oblige me, please don't ^; thanks.)

SO WHO HAS BEEN TO THIS GLORIOUS PSEUDO-INVASION?????????????????

OK. Here to report, semi-sober. Did any BUKnet members attend the bash? I will be posting a few pics of the pirate invasion. it was, as stated, a drunk-fest. damn. hold on, my shrink, Dr. Thompson, is by my side, and called it a drunk-a-thon. He's drinking scotch, 18-year old, I'm still stuck on the VT's. Absolutely.

He has been reviewing some of my threads, and thinks I need help. Not necessarily in a mental capacity, but typos. Dr. Thompson thinks I should slow down, and check for grammatical errors, etc.

But what the fuck does he know, eh?

Trying to get him to join the mix.

He's a psych prof at USF. Telling me the moon looks full tonight.

Many books and articles published...

For those interested, here's one of the Gasparilla Pirate Ships that invaded Tampa. My guess is about 1500 -2000 boats were part of the invasion. I also have an mpeg of this (need help here!, there are cannons blasting!), and will try and upload.

BUKnet-Pirate-Ship.jpg

The vessel picture here has about 100 -200 people on it; all in pirate regalia...cannons blasting; see the smoke!!!!!!!

It rocked; enjoy!!!

Pax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back