Gloom Cupboard (1 Viewer)

maybe it will catch fire
Be careful what you wish for. ;)

I ran an arts site for 8 years and near the end I had pretty much completely lost faith that there was one person left on earth who had any talent.

Which is a long winded way of saying you're going to have to dig through a lot of shit to find the pearls...

just checked this... no posts yet?

ok. call me bored. looking to read some other folks stuff. (i have a horrible habit of burning what i write.. long story.. ) anyway. is there a thread that lists links to people's blogs etc? i didnt see one but i didn't look *really* hard.

i know you'll ask about the burning thing, so i'll just explain it. really. every year i gather up a bunch of work i dont like and have a little bonfire and a more than a few sips of potato vodka. (yes, vodka snob here. funny, the cheap ones my favorite.. anyway) sometimes i burn them in my bathtub. sometimes in a firepit outside. i'm trying to work past the burning of my writings. it's obsurd. a friend told me turning things to ash just compresses them, so i guess they are all still "out there", (insert x files theme music) just in a cliff notes version. ; )

another thing i was actually wondering about regards writing. anyone else use typewriters? i have a small collection. 3. only one really works. Bukowski got me into not using a computer but actually typing. Yes, I know he used a computer later on. Just something about the clack clack clack and the fact none of them rely on my prompt (or not prompt) payment of the electric bill...

so. that was long winded. gloomcupboard still happening?

i've had a few subs so far from various people, would be interested in maybe a few from you buk fans out there...

spread the word, if you know someone who writes then send them the link

now that i'm an author who is no longer just self-published, don't be surprised if you see eBay flooded with the copies of my chapbook i sent out for free.

i signed those for a reason, suckers! thank me when you're all rich.

Just saw this. I will send something along soon. The site looks good.

Hey -What are the submission guidelines ? (The link wasn't working.) Paste in the body of an e-mail or send as a Word attachment ? Need background/bio ?...etc..

Cheers, still open for submissions. If anyone wants to send for the print edition then keep a look out on the site as more details will follow in the coming weeks. At the moment deals are being negotiated with a publisher so its just a case of crossing the t's and dotting the lower cased j's

Ok i'm sure this thread has reached its plugging limit so I will leave you with a double plug and then will put the stopper on this little plughole

1. We are accepting submissions for the Print Edition of gloom cupboard http://gloomcupboard.blogspot.com

2. I have a new chapbook available, if anyone is interested in acquiring a copy then send me a PM

Plug Over.

Not any more, we have been swamped with subs. but you are welcome to send something for the latest online edition. If all goes well there will probably be a second Print Edition later in the year

I talk a little about gloom cupboard and my new chapbook here
http://wearduringorangealert.blogspot.com

Its 2008. New Year, New Shameless Plug

Speaking of which I have some spare 'promo' copies of the aforementioned chapbook lying around, if anyone wants a copy send me a PM and I will get a copy out to you.

I have a handful of spare copies of the very first Gloom Cupboard Print Edition that need a loving home. The Print Edition features the likes of John Dorsey, Aleathia Drehmer, Karl Koweski, Misti Rainwater - Lites and Stephen Hines. If anyone is interested be quick as there are only a limited number of copies available. Send me a PM

Be careful what you wish for. ;)
I ran an arts site for 8 years and near the end I had pretty much completely lost faith that there was one person left on earth who had any talent.
Which is a long winded way of saying you're going to have to dig through a lot of shit to find the pearls...

Holy crap! YOU were datapimp? When I very first got started learning html and building my 1st site, I used your redirect url service. Of course, buzzcat.cold40.com is long since dead, but, I do recall, if it was you I corresponded with, you were really cool to me, and that gave me hope in the internet. Of course all that hope has been beat to shit since but, still, thanks.

On subject, I'm digging http://gloomcupboard.blogspot.com

Some real good stuff there. Some I don't understand as far as I can shotput an elephant but, that's not surprising.

Further to that, subs. are coming in droves so be sure to send something soon before it's too late,

don't worry too much as we are sure to do another Print Edition in the latter part of 08'

and we are running a few new features in the next few weeks.

I've been asking a number of regular readers/contributors what they want from Gloom Cupboard - Whether they want to see reviews, a competition, changes to the Print Edition, interviews etc. etc. - I'd love to hear some comments from you buksters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back