Go volunteer at a soup kitchen, you pretententious fuck! (1 Viewer)

I assume when someone leaves a link like this without any comment (especially as their first post) they're just trolling.

I've never heard of John Bennett, but he seems very touchy. He wouldn't do well with the trolls on the Internet these days. The way he makes such an effort to justify himself and prove Bukowski wrong (Bukowski, who who masterfully trolled Bennett via a letter to someone else - watch and learn, kids, watch and learn). It's just sad.

Maybe not as sad as this though:

"I’ve been reading my Survival Song trilogy that I wrote 30 years ago..."

I think that tells me all I need to know about John Bennett.

I did "check out" John Bennett. You suggested (I think) that we read that article, so I did. You've presented something to be judged then instructed us not to judge it.

I'll never understand anyone named Klaus.

I think John Bennett published Vagabond during the 60s and 70s, out of Germany(? ) ... Sad that he seems to be pissed off, but what can you do.

Was geht ab, Klaus?

Gute Frage Johannes ! Wenn mjp der Meinung ist, das dieses Forum ein "Judgement" ist, dann hat er nichts, aber auch rein gar nichts kapiert. Schöne Grüsse !
Bennett, drop the “Klaus” nonsense....we know it’s you, no need to hide from us.
WHO is WE? You know nothing! Go volunteer at a soup kitchen, you pretententious fuck!

Bennett wrote this as well.

holy agenda batman!

you should start your own website - "resentingbukowski.net".

or how about "bitterbarbsbybitterbards.whatever..."

btw i couldn't get through that piece of writing. did it get better at the end?

Last edited:
Our friend here makes a common mistake based on a superficial knowledge of the community he is attempting to disrupt.

He came across the site and thought, "Here are a bunch of Bukowski worshipers who won't tolerate a harsh world leveled against their God!" Or whatever that thought translates to in French or German, or whatever language our friend speaks.

He then thinks, "But I know the truth!" (or, "My friend, noted poetry OUTLAW John Bennett knows the truth!"), so he digs up the most critical writing on Bukowski that he - or his friend, noted poetry OUTLAW John Bennett - ever wrote and posts it here, believing he is initiating some sort of discussion forum Hiroshima.

What he doesn't know, because his knowledge of the community is shallow and superficial, is that we've already said it all ourselves. And heard it all and read it all, and most frustratingly for him, worship no literary God.

So his Hiroshima is nothing more than a wet firecracker fizzling on the lawn, and his jealous anti-Bukowski diatribes are just more old yellow newspaper in the rafters of the garage.

It's not terribly original, but then, why would we expect it to be? An original troll would be a welcome break from the endless parade of clones that prance through here, each one indistinguishable from the one before.

Wasn't John Bennett found in the basement in her home in Colorado back in 1996? How could she have started her own literary zine called Vagabond in the 1960s?

no idea what kind of a moquette you smoked "esart" but if you talking about Joan Bennett than just shut up and buy you some new glasses! Go volunteer at a soup kitchen, you pretententious fuck!

"Go volunteer at a soup kitchen, you pretentious fuck!" I already do thank you. ??????⛑??‍♂️?✊?

no idea what kind of a moquette you smoked "esart" but if you talking about Joan Bennett than just shut up and buy you some new glasses! Go volunteer at a soup kitchen, you pretententious fuck!

Listen, "Klaus," I don't smoke carpet, and there's no such word as pretententious. I've done plenty of volunteer work of which you have no way of knowing about, and this wouldn't stop me or anyone from being pretentious anyway. There's no way to strip snobbery away. I was born a snob, with a golden spoon up my ass, adored by my loving family who knew I was right about everything. I know who JonBenette is, but I do not know who Joan Benette is. Are you sure you don't mean T-Bone Burnett?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back