Good Ol' Freda (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
Has anyone seen Good Ol' Freda?

"Freda Kelly was just a shy Liverpudlian teenager when she was asked to work for a local band hoping to make it big. Though she had no concept of how far they would go, Freda had faith in The Beatles from the beginning, and The Beatles had faith in her. History notes that The Beatles were together for 10 years, but Freda worked for them for 11."

We have tickets for a screening on September 7th. I hadn't really heard of the movie before today.

FredaPoster.png

i read about it in a toronto paper awhile ago.

i remember the beatles giving her a shout-out in those christmas messages they did - that's where
the title of the flick came from.

@4:20 -

Last edited:
We saw this yesterday and it was very good!

It's not a Beatles documentary, strictly speaking, so if you don't have those expectations going in, I think you may really enjoy it.

That being said, there is a lot of focus on early (Cavern) days, and a lot of that is very interesting and from a new and unique point of view.

Two thumbs up. And Carol cried at the end.

Great! I'm looking forward to watching it myself. The video clips on Vimeo and Youtube looks promising:

[This video is unavailable.]

Last edited by a moderator:
My better half saw this late last night on TV and said it was very good-even for someone who didn't know anything about the Beatles. I know - they exist and some of them are ok people too but not exactly great judges of character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back