GREAT eBay Buk Sellers and those that are not... (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
GREAT eBay Buk Sellers

Hi,
Maybe it would be helpful to start a list of those ebay sellers that have been great at delivering the goods. This should be a list that is added to over time.

I would nominate the following:

abandonedplanet
waterrow
jazznoir
lisweetlou
fellswap

I have never had a bad experience buying from any of these folks on ebay. They are always honest in their descriptions and know their shit when it comes to Buk.

Anyone else? I thought about adding those that may have not been the best, but thought that it would be better to stay positive.

Bill

i don't know how often he sells bukowski, but i bought a really nice copy of you get so alone from a guy called "mdb123davis" (and another non-bukowski book too). book was in great shape, and he was easy to deal with.

I'd have to question the inclusion of jazznoir on Bill's list. Jazznoir was the first person selling Buk stuff on eBay whom I approached, but I made a big "faux pas": I asked him a simple question and he responded by blocking me (I told this story on a thread here a few months ago). I reported him to eBay, and he hasn't had anything for sale for the past month or so. If I'm the guy that got his ass in dutch, then I'm guilty. After that, I quit eBay (after a few other bad experiences; this was the last straw). My gut tells me jazznoir was up to something--I made no accusation in my question to him (again, reported on this site a while back), and he took offense at my harmless question. Maybe you have a good relationship with him, but the way he acted with me told me he was up to no good somewhere.

My bad experience with jazznoir was unwarranted. If you want, you can look me up on eBay--I was td_jazz (my account is still open until the end of the year). In a few short months, I had some good experiences, but jazznoir's actions told me to get out. Too bad, because I'd still like to buy Buk stuff there. Well, that's life. (Where's that copy of Women I was reading?)

I know that jazznoir was selling stuff recently. I have never had any problems with him and recently met him face-to-face in California. It was probably a misunderstanding. It seems odd for anyone to block a buyer over a question, but I do not know the whole story. I'm not making excuses for anyone or taking sides, but for me, he has always been a great seller. That is just my experience.

Best,
Bill

I would like to list myself as someone who is not a great BUK seller!

I'm often slow, find posting SALES painful, I hate going to the post office... Truthfully I only enjoy the 'getting money' part of it (imagine that!), plus I can't stand stupid emails from guys in Mexico or Netherlands who never have any intention of bidding, but are fascinated with shipping costs from Canada...
I'd say feel free to avoid THEEFFECTS, I really could care less (but if you don't mind waiting an extra couple of weeks, and buying books of the best damn poet in Canada, I've got new auctions starting this weekend...! Most of the good stuff is gone, so maybe don't bother...

I know that jazznoir was selling stuff recently. I have never had any problems with him and recently met him face-to-face in California. It was probably a misunderstanding. It seems odd for anyone to block a buyer over a question, but I do not know the whole story. I'm not making excuses for anyone or taking sides, but for me, he has always been a great seller. That is just my experience.

Well, maybe I can't see his stuff because he blocked me or because I quit eBay. But I'm curious why he blocked me and didn't give me a reason. Regardless, I've left ebay--it's too risky for my tastes.

I would like to list myself as someone who is not a great BUK seller!

I'm often slow, find posting SALES painful, I hate going to the post office... Truthfully I only enjoy the 'getting money' part of it (imagine that!), plus I can't stand stupid emails from guys in Mexico or Netherlands who never have any intention of bidding, but are fascinated with shipping costs from Canada...
I'd say feel free to avoid THEEFFECTS, I really could care less (but if you don't mind waiting an extra couple of weeks, and buying books of the best damn poet in Canada, I've got new auctions starting this weekend...! Most of the good stuff is gone, so maybe don't bother...

YES! LISTEN TO THIS MAN!! bid seldom, bid low!.....;)

new auctions are starting to go up today!!!
all you ***ksmokers feel free to check 'em out!
I always start auctions EXTREMELY LOW and beyond fair (all's normal here, blow 6, pandemonium... Only 5 bucks! to name a few!!!!!!!)
If you are looking for something specific, let me know!
BEST,
O

Maybe it would be helpful to start a list of those ebay sellers that have been great at delivering the goods. This should be a list that is added to over time.

I would like to add ashley5949 of Ashley Books...
Good guy
And every now and then
(hint hint ;))
He's got a great Buy-It-Now offer.

Very professional and quick shipping,
And every now and then
Offers (sometimes I think unknowingly) great steals.

really? i know he'll come down in price (i always assumed it was a woman, based on the name) if things don't sell the first couple times around, but i think his prices are almost always in the high range of what you can find on ABE for equal condition.

theeffects: you get the prize for being the most honest eBay seller, ever, for a statement like that. I know exactly what you mean: getting the money is the only good part. All the rest of it is just work. I've sold some rare antique photographs on glass (autochromes), and when I sell them in lots it takes me an hour to package the things so they don't break in shipment. I'm always glad when a lot doesn't sell; that's an hour of my life I won't waste for money.

And you get my vote for being the best poet in Canada.

u ever heard Made in Canada, by BTO?
I missed that one somehow. Though as a 15 year old I found two tickets to a BTO concert in a wallet lying by the side of the road. Hey, it was 1975, and it was free, so I went to the show. I would have rather found cash.

"There's more than one poet in Canada?"

Sure, although I couldn't list any for you. Ah, Leonard Cohen is great. And who's that poet Bukowski corresponded with? I can never remember his name. I had the book of their letters, and sold it cheap, and now it's rare and expensive. A 1980s Black Sparrow Press look-alike trade paperback. Jeez, it's too early in the morning. I need more coffee...

James Musser of Skyline Books

In Forrest Knolls, CA, is not only the greatest Buk dealer, with the fairest prices on the best material, but he is simply one of the greatest, most genuine people you'll ever have the good fortune to encounter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back