greetings (1 Viewer)

Hey everyone. It's good to find a forum where Bukowski fans can shoot the shit.

I'm 23 years old. South Floridian. Conscious hip hop artist / Death metal vocalist / Wanna be. I've been reading the Buks work since I was 14. He made me want to write.

I look forward to shooting the shit with you all.

hope you don't take this wrong,
you've misspelled George Carlin:

Geroge Carlin

at the end of your Thursday June 26 2008 blog.

but, hey, that's just me.
glad you made it here. . .

You also misspelled "Cable Guy" in your handle tag. Not that we're grammar police here or anything. Hey, did anyone else notice all the freaking typos in the ARC of "Portions"?

welcome, glad you made it.

The Battered Soldiers Complex is quite good.

enjoy the forum.

No disclaimer but considering it's an ARC there may be one forthcoming. I was reading "Notes of an Aged Poet" aloud to my gal the other night and I was tripping over the goddamn typos. It was distracting as all hell.

Hey everyone. It's good to find a forum where Bukowski fans can shoot the shit.

Welcome to the forum. Don't let anyone give you any shit. I misspelled author in one of my first posts while rubbing some of these folks the wrong way. I have lived to write about it. At least you know how to post in the New Blood section, unlike some of us geniuses.
Other than the hip hop deal you seem like a nice person. Now get a 12 guage shot gun and find a pile of dog shit in the yard and see what it's really like....stand back!:D

I'm reintroducing myself to this since I didn't write a fucking thing after my first intro... maybe this this time i'll be more involved and i wont forget that i registered. let's not bet on that though.

and i will not correct my spelling. EVER!!!

leaking my allbum...

enjoy torrent

Since I wasn't a member when you introduced yourself before, I can now be the first to welcome you on your fresh (re)start!

Welcome (again)!:D

...it's great to be back ...

shouldn't that read "It's GOOD to be back!" ???

;-))

180971c.jpg

(I know, I am a smartass)

Il check your CD out and give you some feedback mate because im alweays interested to hear new beats, Bukowski gets mentioned in so much new Music these Days, Jehst ( a UK MC) mentions him all the time in his song Alcoholic Author. Likewise iv already mentioned on here Sage Francis has mentioned Buk on a few tracks.

I used to write lots of Hip Hop but now im struggling to find then time, however im going to put some pen to paper and il hit you up for something for you to pass opinion on.

Oops. :o

Just trying to friendly, like the Monkees.

Is that your Bukowski collection, hank solo?
Please post it in the other thread....don't know
the title of the topic, several members posted
pictures of their Buk collection in there...

South Florida. Give up the hip hop and develop the death-metal. Tradition will serve you well. Is Morrissound studio still around? Man, Tampa rocked hard back in the day.

Is that your Bukowski collection, hank solo?
Please post it in the other thread....don't know
the title of the topic, several members posted
pictures of their Buk collection in there...
No its from a pba sale. My 'collection' is disappointing (to me at least) and far too disorganised to photograph at this time. :o

South Florida. Give up the hip hop and develop the death-metal. Tradition will serve you well. Is Morrissound studio still around? Man, Tampa rocked hard back in the day.
I'm a good few hours from the Tampa area. but the overall metal scene in my area was flanked by trendsetters. Decent local metal is hard to come by. A few of the good bands down here, like into the moat and implosive disgorgence were able to make relatively decent careers out of their stuff. Most the studios went under too... Everyone decided to go independent and the best new technologies are more affordable to us talentless hacks... Even the venues dwindle. It's sad. So, now I write raps and perform in shit-holes. The medium is nice, because there is some much room to elaborate your half-cocked viewpoints, and the audience is very easy to impress! There's way less ware on the vocal cords too...

Il check your CD out and give you some feedback mate because im alweays interested to hear new beats, Bukowski gets mentioned in so much new Music these Days, Jehst ( a UK MC) mentions him all the time in his song Alcoholic Author. Likewise iv already mentioned on here Sage Francis has mentioned Buk on a few tracks. I used to write lots of Hip Hop but now im struggling to find then time, however im going to put some pen to paper and il hit you up for something for you to pass opinion on.
Very good! To anyone else who wants a bootleg copy of my album, download it here.

I haven't heard about this Jehst character, but I'm definitely going to have to check him out. I heard Sage Francis comment on Buko, but it wasn't very nice. He kind of implied that Bukowski was a poseur. The only time I mentioned Bukowski in my album was in the the song "Glue-Sticks"

But yeah, get at me with those lyrics, maybe one day we can do an internet collab! I've done a few already.

PT you're great, I got those 'Fields' records too (cds), the longing and wanting and power of those guys...slow-paced but sometimes that whats appropriate. Speaking of Earache...Neurosis.

From the early faster material with another drummer and without keyboards/samples until
today, Neurosis are unique.
Man,I would have loved to be at the one and only Nailbomb gig with Neurosis'
bass player.

Max Rules!

I caught this show at a CBGB matinee in 97 or 98: Today is the Day, Sleep, Eyehategod and several others (Anal Cunt?) I was drunk, of course...but man, was I charged. That show protiened my "more than asked for" for some time.

I'm going sentimental now...

I remember the first hardcorepunk band I ever saw were Jump For Joy.
I was fifteen and all dressed up in my wavy bondage clothes I had just bought in London, all clean and ironed by my mother.On that local festival Jump For Joy started their gig and they were all dirty with the singer jumpin around,screaming and rolling his body over the the even dirtier wooden stage.The sound was simple and in your face,very fast!
I was sort of puzzled because they didn't mind sweating and stinking in their torn,dirty
clothes,I was such a kid.

I think that the first punk band I ever saw was Black Flag when Dez Cadena was the singer, though I could be wrong... it was around 30 years ago.

I just wrote and deleted a long blather about what is or isn't "punk," but realized that I've already said all that stuff about a million times, and everyone probably just rolls their eyes now when I start to go off, so better to skip it. ;) In its place I offer up this old man nostalgia excerpt from my wonderful and amazing blog:

Three years later the Ramones were playing in a bar in St. Paul. A little dive that held, at most, 100 people. I was only 17 so I couldn't get in to see them. But I had memorized that first album and I considered the Ramones to be messengers from god, so I was outside the bar while they played.

I broke away from the pack and went around back to the alley and the wall nearest the stage and found a hole in the wall where a ventilation fan was mounted. I slid a milk crate under the hole, and when I stood on it, I found that if I jumped high enough I could see through the ventilation hole. I balanced on the crate for 40 minutes, hopping up and down, catching 2 second glimpses of the back of the Ramones, in St. Paul, in 1977.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back