Gypsy Lou Webb (1 Viewer)

Hi,
I have three or four of them here currently, many of them in the frames that Gypsy Lou put them in originally. I sold some recently for $40 for full color ones (matted, not framed) and $20 a piece for two Sepia tones, (matted, not framed). Here is the post: https://bukowskiforum.com/showthread.php?t=3524

Unless they are spectacular, they do not sell for much. She sold these on the streets of NO, LA for many years and I believe that given that she was able to support her family, that she was quite a salesperson.

What is the subject? If they are New Orleans street scenes, then the above prices are probably accurate. If they are original paintings or drawings then they would be more.

Thanks,
Bill

GL Webb Paintings

Thank you for your timely response.
The pictures are 11 x 14, the frames look original, the titles are "A street car named Desire" and "Lacy Balconies"

Hi,
Yep, those are nice, but pretty common. One of the two that I sold was a beautiful full color of Streetcar Named Desire. With frames, and on ebay I would expect you to get maybe $50 each. They do not sell for what they should.

What does "Lacy Balconies" look like? Can you scan it?

Thanks,
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back