Happy Birthday HarryC13 (1 Viewer)

hank solo

Just practicin' steps and keepin' outta the fights
Reaper Crew
Founding member
Go on - treat yourself. Taste some twenty dollar vino today hey Harry?
:p

Many Happy Returns.

Harry Birthday Happy Calhoun! You are the man.
Splurge, get that special bottle you have stashed away.
Like This

wine-glass-pour.jpg

It's never too late until it's too late. :) Thanks much to everyone who sent birthday wishes and made my day a really special one. Got a really special present from my wife (besides THAT, thank you) that I will share with you in another post.

Looking forward to the next year and many more beyond!

How come that you don't seem hangovered, what kind of wine did you drink on your birthday, dear mr. president?

Hey Jan, one glass of wine, a Barbera d'Alba I believe, with my meal. I had a Bombay Sapphire martini for an appetizer. It was an enlightening experience!

By the way, let me cap this off with a true story. (I shared this with Carver's Dog in an e-mail earlier today.) My wife got me the greatest birthday gift yesterday. On the heels of buying me a $200 copy of Pig in a Pamphlet #12 (the Bukowski one), she bought a ton of my old publications on AbeBooks. I was totally overwhelmed. It was such a trip looking back at stuff from as long ago as 1983 ... I think my first poetry publication came in 1981, so that was quite early on. Of course, I had forgotten some of the poems, but oddly enough others were still quite fresh in memory.

The coolest thing of all is that she got me the inaugural issue of River Rat Review from 1987 and Random Weirdness #6 from 1985. In both of them, my work and Bukowski's appear in the same issue. (I thought that only happened three or four times, but this brings the total to six, I think.) I led off River Rat with my poem "Music," and Buk's work is featured in a spread from pages 15 through 19. Random Weirdness is even more exciting, to me -- my poem "January 5th" appears on page 63 and right behind it is Bukowski's "from an old dog in his cups" on page 64! In fact, from page 57 through 68 there are two poems by Gerald Locklin, two by Steve Richmond and the Bukowski. Being in that company blows me away.

So yeah, I guess you can say I had a great birthday. My wife gave me back memories I didn't even know I had! :)

In fact, from page 57 through 68 there are two poems by Gerald Locklin, two by Steve Richmond and the Bukowski. Being in that company blows me away.

So yeah, I guess you can say I had a great birthday. My wife gave me back memories I didn't even know I had! :)

Man--that's terrific stuff. What a gal!

A few days late, but best all the same.

I can always count on you for cheery and positive thoughts, Kurt. I thought I was a senior citizen when I turned 50 and AARP found me. Anyway, it's time to start living my life as if everything is a miracle (like waking up in the morning, for instance.) :D

Man--that's terrific stuff. What a gal!

A few days late, but best all the same.
Yeah, hosh, she is the greatest. I'm a lucky man. BTW, I really enjoyed your chapbook on BoS and did a "haiku review" of it that will be coming out shortly. I'll keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back