Harvey Pekar dies at age 70! (1 Viewer)

Thanks Bukfan.

I like this kind of honesty

"I'm always shook up and nervous and I've got the hospital record to prove it," he said that night. "I wake up every morning in a cold sweat, regardless of how well things went the day before. And put that I said that in a somewhat but not completely tongue-in-cheek way."

That is too bad. he seemed like a decent guy. As well known as he was, his phone number was listed in the phone book. I never had the balls to call him.

Bill

Well, that's lousy.

I was going to say how great he was on the old 12:30 NBC Letterman show, but that article linked above has a couple clips embedded, so you can see for yourself.

I am big fan of his...just recently was checking on the internet his whereabouts and welfare - too bad, another great American I wont ever meet :(

Well, that's lousy.

I was going to say how great he was on the old 12:30 NBC Letterman show, but that article linked above has a couple clips embedded, so you can see for yourself.

I first heard about him on this show and he irritated me at first but he was hilarious. You can see why they picked Paul Giamatti to play him. I was shocked when I heard the news this morning.

Yes, is'nt it a great movie? It was a neat touch to have the real Pekar, Crumb, etc. to turn up in the movie. It's sort of a mix of a movie and a documentary. And Paul Giamatti did a great job playing Pekar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Until I came across this thread I had no idea he had passed. We get to hear 10,000 times a week what Lindsay Lohan is having for lunch in jail (hold the jokes) but the media doesn't have time to mention Harvey's death.

RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back