Help identifying poems... (1 Viewer)

Hey guys, sorry for my lengthy absence. I'm still reading the forum as much as I can but I'm doing my undergraduate dissertation at the moment (on Bukowski, if you haven't guessed) so I'm pretty busy.

There's a poem by Bukowski that I'm sure I remember reading on this site that will help perfectly illustrate the point I want to make. All I can remember of the poem is it talked of previous poets that established new rules for poetry, then Bukowski says he came along (or writers of his period came along) and broke down these boundaries. Finally, Bukowski acknowledges that he is as much a part of the process as any other writer and suggests that someone new will come along to replace him and that he probably wasn't that good anyway.

I know that's fairly vague but hopefully its enough for someone to help me...

Thanks.

I hear a bell ringing. No I can't recall it, although it sounds familiar. Sorry.

I agree that sounds like a cool poem. I will also defer to someone else, but Father Luke: Isn't it time your icon saw a doctor? :)

... it talked of previous poets that established new rules for poetry, then Bukowski says he came along (or writers of his period came along) and broke down these boundaries. Finally, Bukowski acknowledges that he is as much a part of the process as any other writer and suggests that someone new will come along to replace him and that he probably wasn't that good anyway.

are you sure he said former writers "established new rules" until He came "and broke down these boundaries"?

I ask because as far as I remember, he EITHER refers to 'classic' writers (not 'new' ones) that he replaced OR referred to 'new' writers/artists, but in That case usually did not set himself over them.
I ain't sure on that btw, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

then, there are poems with related topics. MANY of them. but I also don't know of One really matching All the given needs.

And I also do remember, that some of these statements seem to occur in several interviews also.

another thing comes to mind: if you're sure, you've seen this HERE before, I guess mjp would have search-tools available, that are much better than the regular ones and would allow him to easily find possible solutions. But that's just a guess.

Father Luke: Isn't it time your icon saw a doctor? :)

I was honoring mjp, and his flu. :o

2363546764_4d536f3947_o.jpg

icon can mean so many things...

There's a poem by Bukowski that I'm sure I remember reading on this site... Finally, Bukowski acknowledges that he is as much a part of the process as any other writer and suggests that someone new will come along to replace him and that he probably wasn't that good anyway.
Who knows where PaulFowler is these days, but if he's still around and bound to visit The Forum once again and check whether someone got any idea of what he had been talking about - well, in that case I'd suggest he checks this thread, because I believe the poem he had been looking for long time ago is right there, typed by mjp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back