hemorrhoid operation (1 Viewer)

Ponder

"So fuck Doubleday Doran"
RIP
Calendar: https://bukowskiforum.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=19&day=2010-3-2&c=1

l.a. march eleven one9six6

"Sheeerriiiiieee"”
have not heard from mah German uncle, and prob. won't now. prob. something
I said in my letters either frightened or disgusted him and so it goes and so we'll never know the hour of my birth, but guess we'll all go on a while: Uncle, me, you.
back from hospital last Sunday. surgery for 15 years' or more hemorrhoids and
distended intestine. sitting with very great delicacy upon these pillows as my radio finally gives me some decent symphony music (Mozart). you are lucky for me. it is a painful time, of course. I wish you could hear my monologue during bowel movements. you would have to laugh but I am in dead earnest about my cusses and pronouncements during all this...shitting. I will be unable to work for from 4 to 8 weeks, which doesn't bother me at all. there is something wrong with me: I am never bored when I am alone; I am only bored and distressed and hammered while I am around people. take away the physical pain and this is a pretty perfect time, although I cannot sit at a typer too long. they tell me that my liver is in bad shape too. my drinking days are over"”if I am able to stop, and don't think I'll have any trouble."

(Excerpt of letter to Sheri Martinelli.)

BEERSPIT
NIGHT AND
CURSING

THE CORRESPONDENCE OF
CHARLES BUKOWSKI
AND
SHERI MARTINELLI

1960-1967

Last edited by a moderator:
Always nice to be reminded of the anniversary of the inspiration for my favorite bit of prose.

By the way, mjp, the link ponder posted to the default calendar states 1965 for the start of the recurring event, not 1966. At least that's how it looks from this end.

Yeah, I noticed that. I just haven't had time to go dig around in that musty calendar to see how to fix it...

As a small companion to this event, and I think this came up somewhere else in another thread, Buk dedicated All the Assholes in the World and Mine to William Wantling.

This one for Wm. Wantling

ah, Billyboy, there's a lot of terror in the world and shit too. but let's run a few blocks longer.

c.b.

Odd how that all worked out.

I always had trouble believing Buk was in any way responsible for Wantlings demise.

Wantling reads like an unstable man. One that hardly needed a shove to fall off the edge.

Bukowski had nothing to do with Wantling dying. He did have something to do with trying to fuck his wife shortly thereafter, but come on. Men have needs.

:eek:

Anyway, Bukowski "killing" Wantling is just another of the angry pink gnome's masturbation fantasies.

Pink gnomes? What's next - purple onions? :D
("Pink gnomes and purple onions" -what a book title that would make)

I always had trouble believing Buk was in any way responsible for Wantlings demise.

Wantling reads like an unstable man. One that hardly needed a shove to fall off the edge.
Maybe Bukowski's attitude when he met Wantling and his mocking paper in the LA Free Press were this very shove. Howard Sounes relates in his bio a phone call from Bukowski to Steve Richmond, centering around Wantling's death. Usually, Buk phoned Richmond at 4 am and drunk as hell. This time, it was 4 pm and Buk was sober. Richmond's words: "He knew this: when one writes something on someone and this person dies... one has a part of responsibility." But if it were to be true, why did the widow visit Bukowski a short time after her husband's death ? Strange story...

He did have something to do with trying to fuck his wife shortly thereafter,
She considered Bukowski's behaviour as an "emotional rape".

but come on. Men have needs.
But some men have immoderate needs. God fortunately thought of everything and specially created goats for these latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back