How Do You Do???!!! (1 Viewer)

First, thank you Father Luke for your kind friendship and acceptance. I am kinda new as I've been in stealth mode for a couple months seeking the nerve to give my gracious greetings to all.

Welcome to the forum, Kristarchy! Any friend of Father Luke's is very welcome here. Pull out a chair and make yourself comfortable...

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe she was assuming that you would accept her!l

Of course I do. I even like her taste:

3066294050_3a317f517e_o.jpg

But, I'm still curious who she is. . .

Oh gosh, I apologize for my tardiness Father Luke. I'm a 38 yo unemployed Archaeologist with too much time on my hands. I dig square hole. I've been reading and loving Buk since I was 16. My grammer is pathetic and I have no morals. Long time reader short time poster. It is really nice to make your aquaintence and thank you for graciously added me as a friend.

Krista

Welcome, archaeologist from Denver. I thought they found some ancient indian dwellings out you way-uncovered by a brush fire. Well enjoy yourself in here as you seem to be already.

Welcome, archaeologist from Denver. I thought they found some ancient indian dwellings out you way-uncovered by a brush fire. Well enjoy yourself in here as you seem to be already.
Fires are a great way to find arch sites. I am not sure which recent discovery you heard about though. Was it in SW Colo., Mesa Verde area? It's amazing, I've worked many burned areas and most prehistoric architecture and artifacts preserve quite nicely.

welcome kristarchy! so you're an unemployed archaeologist? i just took my archaeology final a few minutes ago. interesting class but i don't think it's for me though. hope you put that trowel back in action soon enough...

Yes a few years ago. You know, the days runaway like wild brush fires over the hills. ;)
Yea, I bet it was Mesa Verde. I think that was in 2001 or 2002 and they uncovered hundreds of new sites after a huge uncontrollable fire. Love it out there...seems like you can't take a step without finding something new in the SW....it's "rich (with sites) bitch". - Dave Chappell

welcome kristarchy! so you're an unemployed archaeologist? i just took my archaeology final a few minutes ago. interesting class but i don't think it's for me though. hope you put that trowel back in action soon enough...
Thanks for the greetings. An arch. final just minutes ago?? I believe drinks are in order then. Is this an intro. class or what was the subject matter of your course? Yes, I'm a pro. archaeologist, of about 12 yrs. now, and like the seasons go too much snow and too little work is typical this time of yr. I'm actually rather happy for the break as I am a field director and spend most of my time on the road. So it is nice to be home with the clan. I am also in the process of getting my masters in education to be a teacher. Hope you aced your exam and if it's not for you (understandable) I believe it helps give a broader perspective of human history.

some years ago, I had a little inside in a very particular niche of that business:

The university of my hometown is the Only one in Germany, that has a faculty, EXCLUSIVELY (and not only 'mainly' or 'mostly') devoted to the archeology of MEDIEVAL times.
(most others run for the stone age or something.)

I visited some of the courses occasionally and even had the opportunity to videofilm some days at one of the diggings. (that was at Lorsch Abbey)

- very interesting subject.
sometimes dirty and hard work.
But what struck me most, was the art of drawing cuts and sections so detailed. Amazing!

Thanks for the greetings. An arch. final just minutes ago?? I believe drinks are in order then. Is this an intro. class or what was the subject matter of your course? Yes, I'm a pro. archaeologist, of about 12 yrs. now, and like the seasons go too much snow and too little work is typical this time of yr. I'm actually rather happy for the break as I am a field director and spend most of my time on the road. So it is nice to be home with the clan. I am also in the process of getting my masters in education to be a teacher. Hope you aced your exam and if it's not for you (understandable) I believe it helps give a broader perspective of human history.

yea, it's an intro to archeology class that's required for my anthro major. that class plus the dozen or so other classes i've had so far really do give you a broader perspective of human history...

Welcome kristarchy. I'm new here myself.

I often wonder how future generations will see us, then I think of ...

Pep rally in the holy temple
And you're forced to go
Masturbate en masse
With the favoured religious cult
Cheerleaders yell-"Ra Ra Team"
From the locker room parades the prime beef
When archaeologists dig this up
They'll either laugh or cry

You have to laugh, you'd cry if you didn't.

Two musical references in one? Yes, yes. I did, I did.

And,
Father Luke said:

I want this as a tattoo. It reminds me of the Men's Ruin one.

EDIT: Welcome, kristarchy. Cool name. The cool points are out the window and ya've got me all twisted up in the game.

Thanks a ton Lolita. You are way to kind, I dig your style. I love Robert William's art. I have a vinyl LP called Crome, Smoke & Fire that he did the cover for (also compiled the songs) and it would make an "Absolutely Fabulous" tattoo. The record itself ain't to shabby either....if you like hot rod tunes.

Thanks again for the warm welcome,
Krista

Users who are viewing this thread

Back