Hue 1968: A Turning Point of the American War in Vietnam Hardcover – June 6, 2017 (1 Viewer)

I have not read this book but I spoke to my first Vietnam 2 weeks ago. I asked him what was it-the war really like. He mentioned the Tet offensive. I'm listening. We are in a RV park. Me in my VW van full of hippie stickers and he is beside me in his RV with a MIA flag out front of his sire. I feel like I owe him.

Well, we certainly all owe them in a very big way for what they went through, but it's questionable what we owe them (or rather, the powers that were) for what resulted (but that's not the soldiers' fault). That may sound callous, but what did we get from the war in Vietnam? A bunch of disenfranchised citizens who either made it through deeply troubled, some disfigured, and many who never came home and a divided nation that took this and ran with partisan politics. It's just so very ugly - how do we celebrate a horrible chapter in history?

Last edited:
I will watch the doc and prob eventually read the book. I gotta say tho. Burns really needs a haircut, sooommmething in the realm of stylish. Now that i think about it, non-style is his style so fuck me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back