I go chop your dollar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolita Twist

Rose-hustler
Oh, and the significant other is fronting $500 to send to the courier via Western Union so we can get this fucking piano out of here for 13,000 (which will clear in the account after we send the 5.) Woo.

If you say so.

But just so you know, "Western Union," "courier," and paying $500 to get $13,000 is all the lingua franca of Nigerian advance fee fraud, baby.

But I'm sure you could never fall for anything like that. Don't pay me any mind. You could be the first person to have a legitimate transaction that sounds exactly like every fraud transaction ever done on the internet. It's possible. What do I know.

It will be $500 well spent. You know, from where I sit. For the entertainment value. But we might have to change the title of the thread when it's all said and one.

Unless the Nigerian guy wants to post in here about the $500 he made. It will be a great day for him. Maybe not so great for our friend here.

But again, what do I know.

"Western Union," "courier," and paying $500 to get $13,000 is all the lingua franca of Nigerian advance fee fraud
I read that article just now. The e-mail thing didn't go like that. I posted a piano on eBay - starting the bid at 10,000, with a buy now option for 15. In the "story" section of the ad I put down my personal e-mail, sort of to try and get out of the commission we'd have to pay eBay. So a few days after I opened the bid, I get an e-mail from this guy who wants to buy the thing for 13. Well ok, I said. We did this whole thing with PayPal, account to account, no information leaked. He deposited in 13,500. When I asked what the extra 5 was for, he said it was the reimbursement for what I had to send his courier (a man based in England, where apparently this man is from). Until we send the 500 via WU to his courier, and e-mail PayPal a receipt (PayPal has notified me of this, they need the receipt, and did in fact tell me to use Western Union), the 13 does not clear in our account. PayPal also said and verified this.

And, listen to my sweet poetic bitch. She knows her shit.

seriously, if you actually get your $13,000 after you send the $500, email the president of the internet and tell him what just happened, because it will be a historical event.

You'll get 13,000 in your account but not necessarily U.S. dollars maybe Turkish lira or something worth less.

Please keep us in formed as to when you get the 13,000.( Lost in translation. )

To be really sure that he's legit, ask him to send you a photo of himself with a fish balanced on his head.

You be the Mugu, I be the master
Oyinbo I go chop your dollar
I go take your money disappear
419 is just a game
you are the loser I am the winner

Have you checked your Paypal account to see that there is any money in there? My guess is that it is not there. Are you relying on an e-mail from Paypal, which can be easily faked? Have you logged into youtr Paypal account from a clean browser without following their e-mail link? You will send $500 western Union and will find out that the e-mail from Paypal was a scam. They NEVER ask you to Western Union anything. Western Union is THE vehicle for scams, bar none. Anytime you hear Western Union, you should head for the hills, ESPECIALLY with a high dollar amount AND an overpayment. This is a CLASSIC scam. Classic. Why would the buyer not western Union the $500 to the courier himself? I hope that you have not really done this, as you will never see the $500 back and the $13,000 will vanish into thin air.

Bill

seriously, lolita twist, this really really really is a SCAM. please listen to everyone on this thread. you have not been dealing with paypal. paypal would never ever in a billion years tell you to send money to western union. if the 500 was really for a courier, the guy would pay the damn courier himself to come pick up the piano. no offense intended at all, but your story sounds so blatantly like a scam, it doesn't even require scrutinising.

my favorite part is when you say, "i just read that wikipedia article about advance fee fraud, and that's not how this went down." and then you go on to describe exactly how an advance fee fraud goes down. can you copy and paste the emails from paypal that tell you to use western union? honestly, someone like bill has dealt with paypal literally thousands of times on eBay and through his own site, and he would know when it's a scam. your auction wasn't really above board in the first place (since you were trying to arrange a private sale), which only baits scammers to target you, since you're obviously looking to cut corners and get paid faster.

... ask him to send you a photo of himself with a fish balanced on his head.

tope3.jpg

I thought you said balanced phish head; sad, because that $500 would by you all the "medicine" you are gonna need soon from this guy...

phish head.jpg

(PayPal has notified me of this, they need the receipt, and did in fact tell me to use Western Union), the 13 does not clear in our account. PayPal also said and verified this.
No they didn't.

Call PayPal and let them tell you this is a scam: 1-402-935-2050

Or forward the email(s) to them:

If you're not sure if an email is fake, forward the entire email to [email protected]
* Simply click "Forward" and send it to [email protected]
* Don't change the subject line or anything else
* Then once you've sent it, delete the email - in most cases, we can verify if an email is fake or not​
Or just continue to be stubborn and wave goodbye to your dollars, Mugu.

But do not come around here looking for sympathy when Andy Rooney has to take you to pick crusts out of the dumpster behind Pizza Hut for dinner on Saturday night because he sent his entire social security check to Nigeria.

Last edited:
Have you checked your Paypal account to see that there is any money in there? My guess is that it is not there. Are you relying on an e-mail from Paypal, which can be easily faked? Have you logged into youtr Paypal account from a clean browser without following their e-mail link? You will send $500 western Union and will find out that the e-mail from Paypal was a scam. They NEVER ask you to Western Union anything. Western Union is THE vehicle for scams, bar none. Anytime you hear Western Union, you should head for the hills, ESPECIALLY with a high dollar amount AND an overpayment. This is a CLASSIC scam. Classic. Why would the buyer not western Union the $500 to the courier himself? I hope that you have not really done this, as you will never see the $500 back and the $13,000 will vanish into thin air.
The 13 is in the paypal account, yes. From a clean browser, yes. Now you guys have me nervous. The company I'm helping out with this (my uncle's and grandfather's company - Shawn Redden Masonry) seemed skeptical but I talked them out of it. Now I'm nervous. Any way to find out for sure if this is a scam?

EDIT: Just read MJP's post. Will be calling PayPal this evening when I'm sober. Also when I will copy and paste the e-mail to you guys. I really thank you guys, I'm new at the paypal thing. Shit.

yes - call paypal and ask if they have EVER instructed a customer via email to use western union to send money. why wouldn't paypal just have you send the money via paypal? that's like wal-mart telling you they'll give you a refund if you first go buy something from costco. you can also post the entire email correspondence from paypal here, so we have more info (including the address and subject fields). specifically - the confirmation that the money has been transferred, the confirmation that the funds are available, and the instructions to email them a western union receipt.

or, you can exercise some discretion and realize that THIS IS A SCAM. seriously, no one has ever used the term "courier" and "western union" in an email that had any legitimate business purposes.

Lookie! Lolita!
Piano sellers, beware of piano buyer scams!

The following story was sent to us by a piano seller:

Dear Sirs, I wonder if you would care to place a warning re: a scam that I just went thru.
It was quite an expensive loss but a wonderful lesson. I placed and ad on piano world for my piano for sale. Got a response from a person in England (?) saying he would buy the piano and sent a cashiers check for the piano plus shipping charges. It was deposited and I sent out the shipping charges via western Union ($5500). Several days went by and I did not hear from the shippers. Then I get an email that the person was ill that bought the piano and they want their money back. Could I Western Union it back? Well by this time I knew something was up (yes it took me that long) Then yesterday I went to take some funds out of my ATM and there wern't any funds there. The cashiers check was a phony. It took the bank 5 days to pick up on this!!!! I cannot aford to lose the money but it did teach me a very valuable lesson. The name of the person was Barry Edward but of course he will never use the same name again. I would caution anyone buying or selling a piano to be extremely careful with cashiers check. I have contacted my attny but have no hope of recovering the money sent via Western Union.
GM

http://www.pianoworld.com/scams.html

Lolita, it's obviously a scam when a buyer wants you to send him or a third party money, regardless of whatever reason the buyer comes up with. Do never enter into "special arrangements" with strangers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's say you're buying a new pair of shoes. Does the shoe seller give you money so you can trust him, and then you're paying for the shoes, add his money and on top he gets extra money from you because he has beautiful eyes?

It's an obvious scam.

It's usually a general practice of mine to run the other way when I see the words Western Union, just saying...

although we're paying her an awful lot of attention (she even got her own thread out of it!) so maybe we're the ones getting scammed...

Lolita, firstly, when you sober up, don't do this. Everyone here is right.

I received an e-mail from 'Pay-Pal' once
asking me to confirm my account status
and this was, of course, shortly after my old bank, Wachovia, was bought out by Wells Fargo,
so I was believing it
but something seemed fishy (I don't remember what, sorry... maybe the reply e-mail addy)
and I forwarded it to [email protected]
like mjp told you to do,
and that was the end of it... it was a scam, and
thate e-mail, asking for my account info looked exactly like it was from Pay-Pal

Secondly, and honest to God,
I talked to my Mother today
(after 1 of the Most Hiedeous Days I've Had (start that thread Gerard and I'll be all over it :eek:)
and, knowing how I like to play on e-Bay,
asked me to look into selling my late Grandfather's Large Grand Baldwin,
bought new in 1963 for $20k+
and truly in immaculate condition
(he was a music professor at University and loved to play and tune her often,
behind closed doors and alone).

I couldn't believe it.....

now thinking maybe 'local pickup only.'

Ok, good luck, and keep us updated

I find all of this very hard to believe? I really thought anyone under 80 in America understood these things were fake? No one, NO ONE would ever send someone money FIRST, to sell something? I just thought, Lolita, you were not sober again, and talking shit about something. But the way you have persisted makes me think you're really trying to tell a story here, or have been seriously scammed? Like the stranger I met the other day who had a $4,800.00 really nice looking check from someone he did not know. Nor did he know why it was sent to him? Or the guy I knew that had a $5000.00 really good looking check from someone who was buying the $200.00 worth of merchandise he was selling on craigslist. You know, they just wanted him to send $200.00 back and the merchandise he was selling!

But I would not in any way be surprised if you come back and say, nope, no scam, it was all legit and me and my significant other are sitting here with $13,000.00 for a piano we only wanted 10K for! Because, you're Lolita Twist.

Damn, the irony of this thread. Well, at least someone in Nigeria is having a great day.
That's the way to pull it all together Stavrogin.

although we're paying her an awful lot of attention (she even got her own thread out of it!) so maybe we're the ones getting scammed...
Lol!

Lolita, firstly, when you sober up, don't do this. Everyone here is right.
(after 1 of the Most Hideous Days I've Had (start that thread Gerard and I'll be all over it :eek:)
In a Bukowski Forum, that would be an appropriate thread, Thanks for the suggestion and I'm curious about your day.

I PM'd you.

And for everyone here I'll update you:

I forwarded the e-mails from paypal to spoof, and they've yet to get back to me. Though when forwarding them I noticed something... the font was different, and the e-mail address was slightly different from when I've used paypal before. Instead of being just plain "service", the e-mail said "[email protected]". And as I said, the font was almost unnoticeable, but undoubtedly different. Now I am nervous about sending Don Juan's $500 on the 3rd...

You are a colossal fucking moron who deserves to be robbed if you are still considering it. So that's the end of this. We have wasted enough time on your empty headed bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back