I just finished my first Bukowski book!! (1 Viewer)

Can you search for bits of text, or phrases to refind them with your Kindle? I don't have any eReading device, so I'm curious.

If you want to do the novels chronologically, Factotum would be next.

I don't think so. I believe the novels were published in this order: Post Office, Factotum, Women, Ham On Rye, Hollywood and Pulp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you search for bits of text, or phrases to refind them with your Kindle?
You can highlight them while your reading to go back to them later, so yes if that answers your question. I'm not sure if you can just search beforehand without previously reading the text. I'll have to look into it though. It is a pretty cool device.
I don't think so. I believe the novels were published in this order: Post Office, Factotum, Women, Ham On Rye, Hollywood and Pulp.
I'm a newbie here, but Ham on Rye starts off in childhood, so it makes sense to me that it's the first book. I didn't know, initially, that the stories run in chronological order. I just picked it randomly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you search for bits of text, or phrases to refind them with your Kindle?
You can on a Kindle, I have to assume you can on any of the others as well. I think they're a great way to read books that you don't really need to have (or care about having) on a shelf somewhere. That being said, there are still books I want to have on my shelf.

Funny though, the Kindle has had the same effect on my book reading that the first VCRs had on my movie watching. That is, I rarely watched movies before the VCR, but once I got one, I found myself not only renting tapes, but also going to the movie theater. On the Kindle I read books that I would never drive to a book store to buy. Things I want to read, but I just wouldn't have bothered with before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back