• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

I just received this email... (1 Viewer)

chronic

old and in the way
Posting it here in case anyone is interested.

Subject: THROB #'s 1 and 2, the only issues published.

I have four sets for sale, $60.00 each (plus $5.00 postage). #1 has four poems by Bukowski not in any of his collections, #2 has 'Charles Bukowski Answers 10 Easy Questions' now collected in Sun Dog Press's,
'Sunlight Here I Am'. Both issues were published in 1971 and are mimeo. Their condition is new/uncirculated with minor staple rust. I am the original editor/publisher, and the copies have been stored by me since their publication. Thanx and please spread the word. F. A. Nettelbeck

If anyone wants these you can PM me and I'll forward your information to him.

Cool, but $60 each sounds like something that he may have a hard time getting. One of the things that I collect is Bukowski magazines published in 1971 (the year that I was born), but I could not pay $60 each. I think that I have a copy of #1 here and probably paid $10 - $15 for it...

On abe right now, you can get them both as a package deal in very fine condition for $87, as opposed to the publishers offer of $120.

Bill

I think he means $60.00 for the set of two. I checked ABE and the lowest price for a "Very Good Plus" set is $87.00, so this seems like a fair (if not good) price. Anyway, I'm just passing along the info.

A few months ago he asked me $100 for them. Looks like he might end up selling them cheaper than $60 if you wait a couple of months or so...

$60 for the pair in perfect condition from the publisher is a fair offer. I already have one, or I'd probably take him up on that offer...

Bill

I just got these (actually before my check's even been cashed...) and they're in wonderful condition. Nettlebeck's gonna be up my way in Portland late next year... Can't wait to meet 'im!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back