• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

I'm either lucky, or dumb..... War All the Time w/painting (1 Viewer)

check out the backside of the drawing. if there are any stains coming through you'll know it's oil.

oh yeah - nice score.

That seller started to write a biography there! I mean, if you're going to pay $4000 for a book, you would imagine the buyer would know quite a bit about the writer. I like the fact Buk painted a Moomin, though :)

He's writing about he paintings for Ham On Rye here, but we can assume the process was usually the same.

paintingsletter.png

Man, it really chafes my hide that even by Ham on Rye, Buk was having to duke it out over $30 worth of paints. I mean, that's fucking ridiculous. Just the copies of HoR with paintings had a total cover price of $1950, and that doesn't count the myriad presentation copies, file copy, publisher copy, printer's copy, etc. etc. Sheesh!

That eBay copy of War All the Time on eBay has been up for a long time. I don't think it was sold on PBA (it's not the database), but it's been up forever on eBay.

As far as the back of the painting on my copy, here ya go:

IMG_6411.jpg

Sure looks like oil stick to me. Thick acrylic or liquid oil paint makes the paper pucker, for lack of a better descriptive word, and that looks flat. But it's difficult to really tell from pictures.

Maybe you should send the book to me so I can take a closer look. I'll send it right back. Promise.

That does´nt sound too expensive. It sounds like a fair price, in fact. Funny, it has´nt been sold yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back