I'm published!!! (1 Viewer)

I'm so happy!:D

Out of the blue, over a month ago, an agent called me up asking to use a couple of my poems.

Now my first book happens to be poems about convenience stores and such. Working midnight shift there and the people you meet and the nature of night.

This lady says her client is writing an article about people who've written about c-stores. The magazine in question is NACS Magazine. That's National Association of Convenience Stores.

Apparently my book popped up on a search for authors of that topic and they thought it'd be nice to include a couple poems.

Now this magazine isn't sold in stores or on newsstands. It's a commercial publication for convenience stores. But it's distributed across the nation and it's great exposure for my stuff.

They sent me a copy of the July issue in the mail and I can't stop tearing up as I look at it.

If any of you guys work in convenience stores, and get the magazine, snap up the copy and give my stuff a read. I'd love to hear feedback.

Now excuse me while I go back to being giddy.:D

Congrats, zenguru! I can imagine what a thrill it must be. So this is the second time you're published? First your book, and now some of the poems in the NACS mag. Well done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's so nice to see that letter. Be it an e-mail or, even better, a real piece of mail that you can hold in your hand (never had one of those). A phone call? Nice. Personal contact is good. Congrats!

Now a pack of Parliament, please. ;)

Great news zenguru ! And now that you're in a good mood, can you slip me a free copy of JUGGS magazine with my 72 oz. fountain drink, please ?

Nice job.

While its a shame it isn't a commercial venture... Published is published... as long as you've got a copy to run your fingers over, right? Congrats!

At least you're publishing stuff you (hopefully) enjoyed writing. Myself?

I've got some old journalism articles that were published a few years back in my college's quarterly magazines... Man are they tripe. Just utter crap. I hardly recognize it, honestly... But still, my name is in print somewhere...

While its a shame it isn't a commercial venture... Published is published... as long as you've got a copy to run your fingers over, right? Congrats!

At least you're publishing stuff you (hopefully) enjoyed writing. Myself?

I've got some old journalism articles that were published a few years back in my college's quarterly magazines... Man are they tripe. Just utter crap. I hardly recognize it, honestly... But still, my name is in print somewhere...

Same deal, i used to work for the local newspaper and going through the notebook of stuff i kept, it's just robot vomit, really.

Just in case I came off too sarcastic earlier -

I really did mean congratulations to you. And many more.
Well done.
Well, in that case, I'm keeping the JUGGS.:p

Congrats, zenguru! I can imagine what a thrill it must be. So this is the second time you're published? First your book, and now some of the poems in the NACS mag. Well done!
Not the second time. First time in a national magazine. I actually have three books out and am working on my fourth. And it's a thrill every time.:D

Thanks everybody!

While NACS isn't a literary magazine, it's still a national magazine. Maybe not the route a lot of writers would follow. But I seem to recall a line from Frost about taking the road less travelled by......

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back