• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Interesting tactic (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
(I don't think I'm stepping on any toes talking about this since it went unsold the first time.)

Here's a great new tactic for any eBay sales. If your item doesn't sell for $199, simply relist it at $349!

This is the same gallery, by the way, where the Sam Cherry photo exhibit is supposed to take place. Someday.

Funny you mention that broadside. I almost bid on it the first time for $199, but I did'nt like the poem too much and I thought it odd that nobody else seemed to be interested, so I let it go.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pretty scarce item. I don't remember ever seeing a copy for sale before. If I had the extra money (which I don't) and if I had seen it before at $199 (which I didn't) I probably would have bought it.

$349 is kind of a ridiculous price to ask with the market being what it is though.

Here's a great new tactic for any eBay sales. If your item doesn't sell for $199, simply relist it at $349!
This is why I don't understand the whole eBay Vs. wholesale, retail schtick.

What the fuck? Do these people really think peeps don't track, especially collectors?

I would think a blog or informational site (BUNknet "” I know it's much more, so don't put me on the cross, please) or some other source of reference would have more visibility and make people see what's available.

Dagnabit.

Pax

Last edited by a moderator:
Many buyers don't even check an eBay item against ABE, and will pay twice what a book is worth because they've not seen it listed before, when there are a bunch of them cheaper on ABE, sitting there.

This makes sense sometimes. It certainly explains some auctions.

I guess these are people that have not bought a lot of expensive books in the past. Anyone who considers themselves a book collector, should at least know the value of a book before they just pay anything for it.

Bill

i watched a copy of the newest release of the limited/signed "curse of lono" go for over $2000 (!!!) on ebay recently when one can be had on abe for $550. jeez, that's ridiculous! it only takes 30 seconds to check abe!

Chronic is right. That's a scarce broadside. I've never seen one and would love it, but not at that price! Also, I'd want an unmounted copy. Just personal preference.

Hi Mark,
Do you think that they adhered the broadside tot he mounting board? I thought that it was framed, but could be removed with no problem. If they glued it to a board (acid free or not), I cannot see how it is not considered damaged...

$199 is a good deal, but not at $349, plus $199 is a lot of money right now... To me anyway...

Bill

Hi,
If you are right, then as a collectible, it is utterly ruined. I don;t think that they did this, but am not that interested to know at $349...

Bill

From the seller:

i had it framed in 1992. i forget how exactly it was done. i assume museum mounting with glue taped "T"s at the top. i'm pretty sure it's not dry mounted. but i don't remember 100%. -
sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back