Intro to "It Catches My Heart In Its Hands"/Corrington split (1 Viewer)

You can beat around the bush all day...

that wasn't beating around the bush. that was a "burning bush". bitch...

mind your place, prospect. now go clean my motorcycle with your toothbrush, get me a beer, and
tell your woman she gave me crabs again...

"Look," I said reasonably, "I'm not sure what it is about my reasoning that you grumpelstiltskins find to be so challenging."
"I'm sure. it's cause you're a pompous pseudo-intellectual full of vomitous pseudo-insights," he retorted.

Well, officially; they're supposed to be in Room 101, but really those particular posts were last spotted here:
My one is washing the dishes and Pogue's is selling it's ass down on the beach.:wb:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7TDQgX0poxPgz-nK450WLoKejYBJFhy2K3RssxfDGgR8blH0p.jpg

It's actually minus 5 out there, but it looks good. Good to know you're a well travelled man, of discerning taste.
Meanwhile... in the Seychelles.

Last edited:
I realize he had very little to contribute and what he did contribute was way too fucking long. My "words hurt" comment was tongue and cheek, but this "Lord of the Flies" shit is starting to get a little too "Animal Farm" for me.

Sky and I are over on the next island, fucking like Banshees, reading Bukowski to the natives like a couple of Mormons on their first mission, and ordering four rounds at last call. She's a monster in bed too... we got a complaint about too much screaming at 4 a.m., but it was me doing all the screaming. That's nurses for you...

I any case, R.I.P. Growing Beard. May you mumble in your sleep where no one can hear...

I realize he had very little to contribute and what he did contribute was way too fucking long. My "words hurt" comment was tongue and cheek, but this "Lord of the Flies" shit is starting to get a little too "Animal Farm" for me.

Sky and I are over on the next island, fucking like Banshees, reading Bukowski to the natives like a couple of Mormons on their first mission, and ordering four rounds at last call. She's a monster in bed too... we got a complaint about too much screaming at 4 a.m., but it was me doing all the screaming. That's nurses for you...

I any case, R.I.P. Growing Beard. May you mumble in your sleep where no one can hear...
This is damned good writing, Pogue Malone. Keep 'em coming!

Hahahaha, haven't been in this thread for a few days, so didn't notice this.You've got an over active imagination Pogue, but thank you; burst out laughing.

Okay..... I finally found it. Getting back to business here. I found the paragraph that I was using as my example of how Buk described himself and his inability to get along with other people once he met them. I know I'm kind of ruining a really funny string of posts but I've got to get this off my chest.

This is from "Screams From the Balcony." It's page 168.

"I've never felt good with the crowd and it started in grammar school, I sensed that they touched each other understood each other but that I did not belong and now, 45 years old, I find I still do not belong, fuck dramatics, but the worst part is that I do not even belong with the best ones, the living ones, I seem sliced off for ever by some god damn trick, either my imagining or some type of insanity, but even the good ones leave me dangling and I feel like a fool, and I know that I am a fool for I feel what I know."

So, this is what I wanted to share as far as the main topic of Bukowski and his split with Corrington. Just got home from work on Saturday night and some wine and smokes and Bukowski.net is going to set me straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back