Invisible City - No.2 - June, 1971 5 Bukowski Poems, 3 uncollected (1 Viewer)

As promised, here is Invisible City Number 2 - June, 1971 ( originally misprinted as June 1970 but hand corrected by the editor to reflect the correct date of June 1971).
5 Bukowski poems and it appears-according to the Database--all are not only uncollected but never appeared in any prior periodical. They are:

last act
THE AMERICAN FLAG SHIRTS
drinking
A Most Dark Night In April
UPON 2 DEATHS

image.jpg

image (1).jpg

image (3).jpg

image (4).jpg

image (51).jpg

image (2).jpg

according to the Database--all are not only uncollected
You'll find some of the poems that seem like they are not in the database by searching on a word in the title or part of the title. If you search for an exact match for The American Flag Shirts it wont come up because they left the 's' off when they published it.

If the titles are different enough I add them as an alternate title, but leaving off a 's' doesn't usually qualify as an alternate title for me. Even though I suppose technically they are.

'The American Flag Shirts' and 'A Most Dark Night In April'
have been collected.
Exactly. A Most Dark Night in April is in The People Look Like Flowers at Last - not one iota changed*!!! The American Flag Shirts is also there (as The American Flag Shirt), but "edited" as usual.
Upon 2 Deaths is collected (and "edited") as "2 Deaths" in The Night Torn Mad with Footsteps.

* probably because it's too short

Users who are viewing this thread

Back