it is an eternal loss for which there is no reparation, either
in time or in eternity"

Last edited by a moderator:
"To cheat oneself out of love is the most terrible deception;
it is an eternal loss for which there is no reparation, either
in time or in eternity"
Well...
"Love is only good when you're not getting any..."
People just want to be good at something. It can be love, but it doesn't have to be, it can also be something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
had a long discussion with a friend last week whether Kierkegaard is the greater philosopher (his oppinion) or Schopenhauer is (mine).

we came to the conclusion than we don't agree and should have another drink instead. so we did.

Monty Python are definitely the greatest philosophers in the history of philosophy. Especially the skit where the philosophers play soccer, and the one about the Australian University Dept. of Philosophy in which every philosopher is named "Bruce"....

Funny I stumbled upon this thread today, I just began reading Fear and Trembling.
The Preface begins:
"Not merely in the realm of commerce but in the world of ideas as well our age is organizing a regular clearance sale. Everything is to be had at such a bargain that it is questionable whether in the end there is anybody who will want to bid."

hmmmm ...

there's a paperback of either/or published in the Penguin Classics series.

i banged my head against K's books for many a year - "A self is a self in relation to itself" - but i liked the titles.

The concept of dread
The sickness unto death
and as quote from above
Fear and trembling

then your local university must do!

Some of the first (artistic) part, I liked. I didn't pay much attention to the second (scientific/ethic) part.
(and I must admit, I haven't read the whole thing anyway! - just parts.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back