Lesser known Buk-related films (1 Viewer)

I couldn't find any discussion of these in the archives. Here's a couple blurbs from the wikipedia entry on Buk. Anyone know anything about them? The second one in particular yields exactly bupkis on a google search except for the wiki page itself and some sort of resume for a makeup artist that worked with the putative director, which is kind of odd.

- In 1988, French Director Patrick Bouchitey directed the short movie 'Lune Froide' (English Title : 'Cold Moon'). The story is an interpretation of the Copulating Mermaid of Venice, California. It was then edited in a longer version in 1991 with the same title, but this time including parts taken from Erections, Ejaculations, Exhibitions and General Tales of Ordinary Madness.

- An adaptation of Bukowski's illustrated short story, Bring Me Your Love, was shot in New York City in 2006. It was directed by Independent Filmmaker Gui Teixeira.

Has anyone seen the "Son of Satan" short film? It was about 20 minutes and was free thru the internet. I don't have the URL anymore, but is was amazing.

Bill

Thanks for the link, Bill.

Strong stuff.

A quick look at the Internet Movie Database site suggests many other titles too - mostly short films.

Would be interesting if any of these could be tracked down...

Charles Bukowski entry at IMDb

what about on born into this when she goes into hanks room and theres a poster of a "love is a dog from hell" movie. whats that all about?

Has anyone watched my old man? short flim about the Buk when he was in high school and his old man throws him and his typewriter out on his ass.Mom gives him some money for a room.etc...

I think most of these films are lesser known because they were shorts or student or "reel" films (made to be used on a director's "reel," a tape sent around when looking for work). It's difficult to find an audience for a short film, so most of them are unknown. The only time most people even hear about them is if a feature length film is made based on a short.

But it brings up what would be an interesting project - a legit, high quality collection of all of these films on one DVD. Who wants to try to put it together? ;)

Has anyone watched my old man? short flim about the Buk when he was in high school and his old man throws him and his typewriter out on his ass.Mom gives him some money for a room.etc...

Yes, I have. I think it's a good adaptation. Saw it on tv a few month ago. They used it to fill out some time between programs. I taped it, of course. It's only about 5-10 min. long...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back