• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Did not sell/NFS Live Auction Genius... (1 Viewer)

I know how rare it is and perhaps condition isn't an issue for something like this, but still,,.that's s shitload of dough for something in that shape.

BUKOWSKI, CHARLES. THE GENIUS OF THE CROWD. [CLEVELAND]: 7 FLOWERS PRESS, 1966
Starting bid: US $3,200.00

Untitled-1.jpg

Interesting that Sotheby's has only 30 stars and 90% positive feedback, although two of the negative feedbacks have identical text from what appear to be different buyers. Perhpas not enough data points (9) to draw any concrete conclusions, but odd nonetheless.

As for the piece itself, I dunno. I would be disappointed to have to settle for something this rare in this shape, so even though I can no longer afford this (if I ever could), I'd pass in a perfect world (which it isn't).

"Have you seen this? It is incredibly rare...hold on while I write all over the title page. What? This is what we've always done. We're booksellers! What's wrong with it? You can very easily take an abrasive eraser to this incredibly rare and fragile book and remove a good 80% of my scribbling, so I'm not sure what you're freaking out about..."

H0046-L119279715_full.jpg

looks like someone read it in the bath...

it is a cool little item though. love that homemade printing quality.

Not surprisingly, it went unsold. If they had started that auction at a buck, my guess is it would have gone for a couple grand at most. That 25% vig couldn't have helped either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back