• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Longshot Pomes... (1 Viewer)

according to my copy, oops, i mean aaron krumhansl, it's approx 5 by 9 inches, and 22 unpaginated leaves. there's no way in hell that it's large, or heavy. pricey, yes. worth the price, probably. can i afford it....nope :)

O DEAR CHRIST DON'T EAT YOUR CAT!!!!!!

o. sorry. I misread that. continue.

Merde la grammaire!
She heard you Hooch!

DCP_0876.JPG

very cute cat.
I have 2. never been tempted to eat them though.
well, sometimes the chubby one, but I'm pretty sure in a fair fight he could take me.

I'd rather have that book than any cat, no matter how juicy. You'd think for that kind of opening bid, they'd have better photos, but I understand about lousy cameras.

Longshot is not large and heavy. Horsemeat is large and heavy. And if you're trying to sell a book for that kind of scratch, keep taking photos until you get an acceptable shot. It's all about the presentation, baby.

This chap is anything but heavy and large. Who knows, maybe they didn't have an actual copy of the chap when they listed it on eBay.

Well, you could wait until the next copy comes up on eBay (or ABE, or anywhere), which should be sometime in 2025. Maybe it will be cheaper then. ;)

This one is pretty hard to find, so the premium price they are asking these days doesn't surprise me. Whether it sells for that or not, I wouldn't even speculate. Not with a deep-pocketed, obsessive buyer currently on the prowl (which is, I suspect, why this is listed now at the price it is listed for).

This chap is anything but heavy and large. Who knows, maybe they didn't have an actual copy of the chap when they listed it on eBay.

Copied and pasted from another auction no doubt. The seller probably just forgot to delete that bit.

Indeed. I bought something from derringerbooks a while ago, and I believe that he had listed a copy of Horsemeat around that time. Just an innocent omission, probably.

If I really, REALLY wanted to bankrupt my credit card I COULD feasibly afford this.

OK, well not feasibly. But damn! Price makes sense, but still... damn!

This one is pretty hard to find, so the premium price they are asking these days doesn't surprise me.

Do you know what's even more rare than this bird? Run With The Hunted. The red chapbook. Over the years, you will occasionally see Longshot turn up on eBay or at a bookfair. But Run? I haven't seen one for a long, long time.

That's no joke.

I've only seen one copy of Run With the Hunted, and that was at the Los Angeles Antiquarian Book Fair a couple of years ago. Of course now I wish I'd whipped out the credit card for that copy. It could have been had for slightly less than this seller wants for Longshot Pomes on eBay.

To give you some idea, at least three booths at that fair had the rare first BSP broadsides, and I must have seen five copies of Flower, Fist...but only the one copy of Run With the Hunted.

...STOP IT mjp, you are killing me !!!

In the early years of my representation of BSP, I would routinely throw out the "old" excess BSP broadsides by the dozens when the new book list season arrived. I also would trade all of my paperback BSP copies at half price with booksellers for the books I really wanted for my collection. All I can do today is shake my head at myself over what I threw away, traded away (at half price) and under appreciated at the time. Also, get this one, after the annual regional book shows I would always sell the entire BSP book display to some lucky indie bookseller for half price. Aaaaahh, the foolishness of youth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back