• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Longshot Pomes... (1 Viewer)

...and she probably has more gems up her sleeve...

I believe this is the extent of what she'll be selling for now. Nevertheless, a pretty good representation of rarities, don't you think? And all in mint condition. If you don't already have those copies of Wormwood, I'd jump on them.

He'll take it if he can get it for what he feels is less than current market value, but he won't overpay for it. As you can imagine, there are no holes in his collection that need to be filled. Nevertheless, like any savvy collector, he won't pass up a bargain, either.

Man, how come stuff like this never comes up when I'm flush?!

Oh, that's right, I'm never flush.

Nevermind.

Our old friend, Ross, strikes again! Nice work! Not only is that a rare piece, but it's in fantastic condition. Remember: condition is king!

I WAS hoping to take (er, steal...) that book for $500. Silly, stupid me!

Not silly and not stupid! Stop beating yourself up. A guy can dream, can't he?

I will put myself out on a line and say that if it weren't for the Runfola/Lawrence bidding wars of a few years ago, Bukowski books would be selling for much less than they now do. That is neither a good nor a bad thing. I'm just stating the obvious. It goes to show you that all it takes is two competitive bidders to drive an entire market. That goes for art, real estate, athlete contracts, Bukowski rarities, etc.

I don't know about the books as I don't really watch them as closely, but the manuscripts, they absolutely changed the market. Overnight.

I agree that it isn't a good or a bad thing, it just is. If it hadn't been those two at that time, it would have been someone else at some other time. It was going to happen sooner or later.

$2,154 is a lot of cheese, but I think Scott sold a manuscript or letter in the last 4 - 6 weeks in that same 2100 range. So the interest is still there for some things, but strangely absent for other things that seem equally rare or desirable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back