Looking for one of Bukowski's statements concerning his works (1 Viewer)

I remember listening somewhere Bukowski discussing his works, emphasizing the fact that regardless the themes or the tone in which he wrote, when he finally became a respected writer after all those decades it was merely the same unchanged stlye for which he was discarded for years.

I'd be glad to hear any advises where he talked about such topic but would be the happiest if anyone could help me locate his remark concerned with this..

Thanks in advance!

he talks about that in one of the "bukowski tapes" segments. he reads "the tragedy of the leaves" and
then does a rap about it.

can't recall which segment, there's only 50-something of them :DD

Thanks, I suspected it was in Schroeder's work but now it can be taken for granted to start to check them out. I guess its around the 20-25th of the series...

It is actually for my MA thesis of Bukowski so gotta tell the truth.. ;)

This is hell of a place.. why I haven't registered much earlier?!

Thanks again

Thanks for the link, unbelievable how poetry was still coming out of him at that time of the day, only answering to a simple question. I'd have recorded every damn word he said any given day of the whole week...

But anyway, what I think now, is that it is not what I was looking for. At 2:14 he says, "I write much better shit now." Maybe it wasn't this segment or Schroeder tapes at all? I remember exactly him comparing the quality of his works in that sense I described above and this ain't here.

He wrote about that very often. (Though as I remember, he doesn't claim he's writing in the same style, but in the same intensity and quality.)

I don't have my Bukowskis at hand now, but remember a poem 'As crazy as I ever was', that you may read on that subject and in the preface to 'Roominghouse Madrigals' (I think) he said something about how his style has changed ("I land a matters more directly" or similar) since the old days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back