Mack Derouac (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is. Unless you or someone plans on banning me on no grounds, that's fine. I came in here to learn more about Bukowski's dislike for "Mack Derouac," and contribute to the topic, but noticed a certain poster's massive Bukowski dick riding, and decided to say something. Still don't understand why you're suddenly involved...

I'm just trying to help out a young Bukowski fan and steer you in the right direction and away from the evil world of drugs and loose women. I'm nice like that.

Way too late for that

Tristessa, hell yeah! I'm also thinking Subterraneans, except for the big glaring prose spots that go windy-obscuro---or is that prose-poetry, I'm not sure? Somebody here mentioned Vanity Of Duluoz being a gem---I'll go with that and add, if I may with some reservation, Kerouac's The Scroll Version, if only for a gander at the actually unedited first sentence---and, if we're to take one of the writers of the intro, comparing it to a car engine that misfires before taking off. The myth of Dean and Sal alive and well in Twilight Series-America, ahhh.

"I first met met Neal not long after my father died..."

I too think ol' Buk was being a sort of sourpuss about Jack.

I agree, I don't understand what the hate is for.

I came in here to [...] contribute to the topic...
Well, you're doing a great job so far! Your "I agree" has crystallized everything, and now the whole subject really makes sense. I hope you stay here forever, and clear everything up for everyone.

I just wonder though, if you can spare the time away from your awesome blog where you write middle-school-report-quality reviews of 40 year old records. That worries me a bit. Hopefully you can do both. I will pray for your success, Goober.

Kermit, not everyone likes Kerouac's writing. mjp doesn't. Bukowski didn't. I don't. these guys don't:

old_muppets_on_balcony.jpg

get over it. and yourself. realize when people don't like what you like it's not a big deal. like what you like and don't be an evangelist, it's annoying.

and if you had read the thread closely, you would've realized why mjp was so vocal in his "hate" of Kerouac.

Well, you're doing a great job so far! Your "I agree" has crystallized everything, and now the whole subject really makes sense. I hope you stay here forever, and clear everything up for everyone.

I just wonder though, if you can spare the time away from your awesome blog where you write middle-school-report-quality reviews of 40 year old records. That worries me a bit. Hopefully you can do both. I will pray for your success, Goober.

Well, realizing now that this thread is a little more than dated, there is not much of a conversation going on about the topic. I would be happy to discuss Kerouac and Bukowski with anyone.

As for my blog, thanks a lot. Each of those posts took maybe 2 or 3 minutes each to write, and are put there for fun, nothing more, but in spite of that I have an extensive online audience that enjoys my middle school posts very much, over 1,000 visits this month, and counting.

I do find it disturbing that you would take time away from your thorough jerking off sessions with Bukowski photos you found on google images, to research more about me. I'm flattered, but again, deeply disturbed.

Kermit, not everyone likes Kerouac's writing. mjp doesn't. Bukowski didn't. I don't. these guys don't:

old_muppets_on_balcony.jpg

get over it. and yourself. realize when people don't like what you like it's not a big deal. like what you like and don't be an evangelist, it's annoying.

and if you had read the thread closely, you would've realized why mjp was so vocal in his "hate" of Kerouac.

You clearly missed the point. I never once attacked Bukowski for his "hate" of Kerouac, even though I don't find much grounds for it. You must have me confused with MJP, who is such a devout Bukowski dick rider, that he is unable to appreciate any writer that his god Bukowski found fault with.

With every new book I read by him, Bukowski is rising higher and higher on the list of my all time favorite writers. I have been burning the last of my paycheck on Ham on Rye, Post Office, Women, and now Hollywood (which is a fucking outstanding book so far). But at the end of the day, I still think Kerouac was a better writer than him.

I did read the thread closely, and I still don't realize why mjp is so vocal in his hate of Kerouac, other than maximum idol worship, of course.

Oh wait! Kerouac didn't work odd 9-5 jobs like Bukowski, he lived with his mother at the end of his life. He liked Eisenhower...

I see now, nevermind.

I can list books by Danielle Steele, but it doesn't mean they are good. I mean, they are awesome, but if you can't see that I'm going to be angry and shake my fist at you and you will feel shame.

mjp was overstating his hate for Kerouac because the bicycle tragedy was being a troll and a twat. he was. no one really liked him, even though I tried to like him. I did, honestly. I don't like disliking people. it's a flaw with me, probably because I'm Canadian.

and be honest, the reason you felt compelled to respond to the thread is because someone hated Kerouac so vehemently.

go ahead, I won't judge.

Nope, I've already given my reasons for responding to the thread. Also, went into another thread on here, and saw the same pathetic insults being thrown by MJP at a poster just like in this thread. I guess MJP can get away with it though because of his post count.

I saw nothing wrong with what Bicycle did, I just realized he's no longer on the board, but it seems to me he stated his reasons for liking Kerouac, and according to MJP, with the semen of Bukowski on his lips, that just wasn't acceptable.

If the purpose of this forum is to praise Bukowski blindly, worshiping every thing he did in his life, then maybe I signed up for the wrong forum. Bukowski is a great writer, that much can't be denied. But the way some of you hang on his every word is disgusting.

And back to your post, I guarantee you haven't even read most of those books, if any. So come back and talk to me when you have read them.

Figures...

And I've read more than one "fucking" thread, and am not accusing the whole site of Bukowski worship. I misspoke. It's mainly a couple people like you, who feel the need to jump head first into a discussion between two posters to defend a fellow Bukowski dick rider.

By the way, what happened to Bicycle? Did someone ban him for expressing the slightest bit of criticism for Bukowski?

no. he loved Bukowski. and we all criticize Bukowsi when necessary.

why do you hate me because I'm gay?

because you're a honky. duh.

but I wish you wouldn't hate me because I'm gay.

You honkies are crazy. Makes me hungry reading this shit. Did someone say Cheetos? I love Cheetos. Don't like no frog fuckin' with my pork though. I really need to change this avatar soon.

Correction: Kermit got so much pussy that he chose to be gay, it was the only thing he could do, nothing left to tap, he got bored.

PLEASE START A NEW THREAD IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT KEROUAC OR STEELE.

THIS SHITTY OLD THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.

MOVE ALONG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back