Mad Men (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
Carol and I have been consuming the DVDs of the first three seasons of Mad Men at an alarming rate.

I resisted this show for a long time, despite (or maybe because of) the universally glowing reviews. But someone I work with convinced me to give it a try, and it's top notch.

Yes, it's "about" people working in advertising in the early 60s, but at its core it is a mystery, and a well played out mystery at that.

Season 4 starts in July on AMC, so you still have time to catch up with the DVDs if this kind of thing blows wind up yer skirt.

Highly recommended!

yeah i haven't watched this yet, but will be putting it in the netflix queue once i get through a couple of other series.

i was also a bit put off by the glowing reviews, since everyone (literally, everyone i know) raved about the wire - we watched the first 2 episodes and almost died of boredom.

justine, Mad Men has a bit of a Richard Yates vibe to it. not totally, but it's there.

i was also a bit put off by the glowing reviews, since everyone (literally, everyone i know) raved about the wire - we watched the first 2 episodes and almost died of boredom.
The Wire - I didn't get that. And we tried. Twice. Once when it was first running - because everything HBO did was great at the time - and once on DVD. Couldn't hang with it either time. Don't understand the kudos.

Mad Men is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back