Mafia (1 Viewer)

Henry Hill has provided some of the greatest Howard Stern moments in the last 25 years. And I thought Goodfellas was just amazing! But his paintings? Yeah not so good, here's one on eBay right now of Stern...It does make me laugh though...

stern 22.jpg

Nervas, I don't know if that's a joke or not, but regardless it's pretty goddamn funny. I used to be a member of goodfellahenry.com (yeah, everybody in the witness protection program has their own site nowadays) and maybe I was too young to realize or work the computer that well, but I don't remember an art section on there haha.

Nervas, I don't know if that's a joke or not, but regardless it's pretty goddamn funny.

No joke, here's the link and get it while you can it's discounted 5% from $49.95 to $47.45 right now! HA.

And OH MY, he now has one of Artie Lange on there, check this out...The funniest thing is it looks nothing like Artie, but somehow that makes it even funnier! And I love how he put Artie in a blue shirt, just like he did Howard. I had to discontinue Sirius a few months ago to try and save money, but I wonder if Stern has commented on these, I'm sure he has.

artie.jpg

nervas, thanks for that ebay link. i'm seriously considering buying one of his paintings.
i bought a painting at angola prison (by a prisoner of course, at their annual rodeo) and henry's paintings will compliment it nicely...you know, in a museum of bad art kinda way...

Hey James, do you know that Black Swan had some
mafia connections too? She met the one and only
FRANK COTRONI

nervas, thanks for that ebay link. i'm seriously considering buying one of his paintings.
i bought a painting at angola prison (by a prisoner of course, at their annual rodeo) and henry's paintings will compliment it nicely...you know, in a museum of bad art kinda way...

James, would you be interested in Bob Dylan?

dylan.JPG

James, years ago, on a plane to Vancouver.
I had no idea who he was.
He gave me his card and said "Call me if you need anything".
Once at home, I looked at the card and wondered where I had heard that name.
I kept it for a year or so and threw it away.
I suppose I didn't need anything that bad...

You pass on Dylan? he he he

it is funny that he sells shoeshine brushes, etc. Seems like he is convinced that a used piece of toilet paper will bring in money. Well, of course, he is right.

It seems that he really will do anything for a buck.

"Art" is only another way to turn a buck off of his slight fame. Kinda sad, really.

Bill

The point is that they could all be Abbie Hoffman.

To avoid confusion and lawsuits, Mr. Zimmerman and Garcia were my own :D

It seems that it works better than my stuff.

Thanks, Ponder! It'll be interesting to see what happens next. A gang war, maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
12/28/2009 The report describes a gangland-style killing near the corner of Upper Lachine Road and Wilson Avenue, one of the grittier parts of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce (10 minutes from where Black Swan lives...)

I better stay clear of espresso machines.:rolleyes:

I better stay clear of capuccino machines! :cool:

Thanks, Ponder! I've seen it on TV and it's telling Gravano's story from his point of view, so it's kinda self serving and justifying his actions to a large degree. It's still an okay mob mini series though.
I did'nt know it was produced by De Niro. I guess that means he financed it.

That Gravano movie was a piece of shit, frankly. Very self serving as Bukfan mentioned. I did enjoy the lead character's performance. Nicholas Turturro. Here's a link to a Gotti bio-pic starring Armand Assante which isn't completely awful. Assante played a good role. Again, a little self serving and completely inaccurate, but still a good way to kill an hour and a half.

I've seen the Armand Assante Gotti movie. It's very self serving, portraying Gotti as the last true mafioso, when in fact he wasn't anything like that. He was an ordinary mobster who shot his way to the top. He certainly wasn't adhering to the traditional mafia ideals, not the way he went public instead of keeping the traditional low profile.
That said, the movie wasn't too bad.

Stumbled across this thread when I was searching for comments about 'The Wire'. Anyway, I'd recommend the film Gomorra to anyone with an interest in Mafia-type stuff. Just don't watch it if you're planning on going to Naples any time soon.
Just watched Gomorra.
Very strong movie.

I have'nt seen it yet but hopefully it'll hit the TV screens soon.

Thanks, Ponder! - There's also a four part docu about Scarfo's nephew and underboss, Phil Leonetti, who later got into the witness protection program. Nice way to get away multiple murders. Here's part one:

[This video is unavailable.]

Thanks, Black Swan! Now we know where there's wholesale food company for sale. :D
It seems like there's a power vacuum since Rizutto got jailed.

Very nice! I've seen some of his paintings on Ebay. The one I liked the best, was the one where they bury Billy Bats after having killed him. That painting is right out of the "Goodfellas" movie.
I've got his book, "Wiseguy", although it's credited to Nicholas Pileggi who did the interviews with Henry Hill and his wife. It's an interesting book, if you like books about the mob, and especially if you've seen "Goodfellas", of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back