Mark Your calendar... (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
I have been listening to this preacher for a number of years. I find his special breed of delusional insanity amusing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40885541/ns/us_news-life/?gt1=43001

He has set a date. When it passes (like it did on his last prediction), he will have another excuse. Still, it is fully that some of these people have quit their jobs and are spending the last days "spreading the word". When the date passes and their god did not whisk them away and begin his 6 months of torturing the "bad people", I'd love to know what excuse they will make.

This preacher believes every word of the bible (except the ones that contradict other parts, I suppose). He is a strict follower of such barbaric beliefs that women should NEVER teach a man (or boy), never, ever, ever, contradict a man (or boy) in any way as if they do, they are sinning against god. I bet that this guy is a barrel of laughs at parties.

I have been waiting for 5/21/11 to come for a while. That day will be a funny one to hear on the radio. Not quite sure how he'll back out of this, but he will. Maybe he'll say that the rapture happened, bu that no one was saved. Maybe he;ll say that it happened, but that he "hid" it from the eyes of man and that the preacher really is gone, and that you are looking at an illusion. He is not in it for the money, he is the much more dangerous breed that believes that he is commanded to do everything by a magical puppeteer god who tells him if he should have ham or bologna for lunch. No decision is his, but comes from an obviously very bored god who has nothing better to do than to make mundane decisions for billions of people.

Bill

This preacher believes every word of the bible...
There are regular non-preacher types who claim the same thing. I was talking to one of them a few months ago, and when he said that I was momentarily dumbfounded. "What? You believe that every word of the bible is to be taken literally?" "Yes, every word."

What can you even say to that? I just laughed. There is no point in listing the most glaring and heinous contradictions to someone who claims to believe that every word of that book is the literal truth. You may as well try to teach the fundamentals of the internal combustion engine to a house cat.

One of the fundamentalists that posted a comment said that god was going to destroy the U.S. in on May 21, 2011 as a part of the rapture, and cited as his evidence that the US is not mentioned in Revelation; Only Asia, Europe, Africa. It took a couple minutes for someone to let this genius know that the US was not mentioned in a book written 2000 years ago because the North America was not known to exist back then and apparently the all knowing god did not feel like telling them.

It is one this to believe, it is quite another to use a religious text to back up your science. anyone want to have surgery performed by a surgeon that uses only first century knowledge?

The last time the Jahovias' came to my cul de sac, i said , without hesitation while they were still in their car, " What are ya'll doing here ? "....Haven't seen 'em since....

Oh, and let's see. If the world is only 2,000 years old , then how can hydrogen fuel concepts be 4,000 years old.

At least Jehova's Witnesses finally stopped putting a date on the end of the world after having put out a wrong date several times starting with 1914 and ending with 1975. I guess they were tired of looking that foolish...

Last edited by a moderator:
Camping's PR aide, Tom Evans, told the L.A. Times that the group is "disappointed" that 200 million true believers weren't lifted up to heaven on Saturday while everyone else suffered and eventually died as a series of earthquakes and famine destroyed the Earth. "You can imagine we're pretty disappointed, but the word of God is still true," Evans said. "We obviously went too far, and that's something we need to learn from."

I'm disappointed all those self-gratifying bastards weren't carried off somewhere. Maybe "everyone else" could chip in for firing them off to the sun, or something?

Yeah, and they say that Muslims are violent. Celebrating the idea of 200 million people being whisked away while 5 billion people die is sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back