masters thesis or would buk kill me (1 Viewer)

Either way, it is very nice of you to give people a second chance.
in the true spirit of a site dedicated to b!...it's going to happen. now, if this were a forum dedicated to chaucer, say...

nice to know, though, that we can f'up at least the once...:D better make it a right royal once...

Hi,
I can't speak for the amazing owner of this forum, but I did notice that the other person to be removed by him as he was just sending insulting posts, like asking members why they did not let their wife fuck Tom Waits. In that case, the guy clearly gets his rocks off by insulting people and starting fights. He had nothing to add to anything, and may have not even had any appreciation of Buk. Some people just sit in their basements seeing how many people they can insult and how many forums they can wreck. They are kkind of like those that create viruses just to cause problems for other people without adding anything positive or creative at all....

Bill

i agree. appols if i appeared flippant. i forgot about the tom waits post, which i too felt was below the belt, ugly and uncalled for. i think there are, though, some who believe they are paying homage to their idol by mimicking the irreverent, f-all side, right or wrong...

yes, all dues to the owner of this site! it's slowly easily becoming a lifeline...i can see it in the eyes of my partner...as if i were uncapping a bottle...:eek:

We've only had to permanently ban 2 users (not counting spammers), which is pretty good for 10 months of operation. Usually if you tell someone they are coming across kind of bad and lock them out for a few days they can turn it around.

Hi,
I do hope so. The more the merrier. We have a great community and very little strife. This is uncommon for a forum, especially of creative types.

Bill

I wonder how many of these Bukowski thesis writers ever finish them. One can only guess. And the irony is that they miss perhaps the greatest understated point that he ever made: If you're not a "closer"... a strong finisher at the gate... you'll never make it or be remembered... even as a conscientious failure.

The more the merrier. We have a great community and very little strife. This is uncommon for a forum, especially of creative types.
I like the size we have. From what I've seen expansion can kill a community unless the community ends up on the administrative/moderative side of the forum.

i've been up to my eyeballs in french philosophy--f-ing baudrillard...Buk would love that! the thesis has been on the back burner, but i have got to graduate already--teaching ENG 101 to 18 year olds is exhausting.

i need help again--what do you all think about malone's biography 'the hunchback of east hollywood'? should i bother reading it? she says its "the first book to study the writer's life and work in equal measure..." but doesn't look like anything new on either front from first glance...

and what's all this about tom waits and banning me?

what do you all think about malone's biography 'the hunchback of east hollywood'? should i bother reading it?
No.

Well, I don't remember one bit of that book, that's why I say that. I guess that doesn't mean it's bad, but it does not stand out.

...expansion can kill a community unless the community ends up on the administrative/moderative side of the forum.
The community will end up on the moderation side of the forum when it's too big for me to wrangle on my own. So far I've been able to automate the spam out of existence, and we have very few disagreeable users, so it's sort of self-moderating at this point. I think about adding moderators from time to time, but it's not really necessary yet.

and what's all this about tom waits and banning me?

I don't remember anyone mentioning banning you or anything that you would have done that would have gotten you banned. It takes a special kind of person to get themselves banned. Those that want to insult others and refuse to stop.

I think that mjp has only banned a couple non-spammers.

Bill

Hi,
I meant special in a bad way :eek:

I have not read the Malone book. The book looked a bit too cartoonish for me to think that it would be for anyone that is not a beginner.

I know that I should not jusge a book by its cover...

Bill

Well I just flipped through Hunchback again, and I think what put me off about it was that there wasn't anything new in there. If you've read the other bios - or even just one of them - you probably won't find much fresh info in Hunchback.

don't waste your time or money on Malone. if you have already read Cherkovski's, Miles' and Sounes', then grab Brewer's or Baughan's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back