• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Me and Your Sometimes Love Poems.. (1 Viewer)

Well I agree and disagree. I had no intention of leaving negative feedback at all. Wasn't going to and it never crossed my mind. But I do think he sent it only after people on here said they wouldn't buy from him again. But I could be wrong, if you ask my girlfriend, I'm wrong 100% of the time and she's a pretty smart girl!

But I do think he sent it only after people on here said they wouldn't buy from him again.

I don't think that him sending you the book and refund changed that, so if that was his motive, then it would have failed. Those that will buy from him will still buy from him and those that will not, will not.

Bill

i think after he cooled off he probably just realized he may have overreacted and had the moxie to try and make up for it.

I don't think that him sending you the book and refund changed that, so if that was his motive, then it would have failed. Those that will buy from him will still buy from him and those that will not, will not.
If you check my posts, that's exactly what it did for me. Call me fickle, but his initial actions were enough for me to avoid him in the future (and to proclaim that here), and his final actions are honorable enough for me to reverse that position (and also proclaim that here) and to look at it just as Mr. Gray states below:

i think after he cooled off he probably just realized he may have overreacted and had the moxie to try and make up for it.
I would agree that negative feedback would be inappropriate given the resolution of the situation, not the unfolding of it.

Everyone is entitled to make amends for whatever kind of penistry they've engaged in, and that should be enough. Apologizing is difficult, and in the end he did the right thing.

But his initial reaction had a negative effect on the freedom to speak here, however slight an effect, and my fear is that effect is going to linger unpleasantly, despite the final outcome.

"Hey man, sorry I punched you in the nose - here, have a beer." Okay, sure, but nose is still going to hurt for a while.

It is true that people need to feel free to ask questions. In this case, the authenticity was pretty quickly confirmed.

Yes, please keep asking these questions. There are many of us here who make every effort to have all bullshit items removed from ebay. If this book had been a forgery, it would be one that we would have removed.

It is important that people that come here can rely on the experts to confirm authenticity, when possible.

I know that we have had luck in getting forgeries removed in the past. This is important.

Bill

Everyone is entitled to make amends for whatever kind of penistry they've engaged in, and that should be enough. Apologizing is difficult, and in the end he did the right thing.

But his initial reaction had a negative effect on the freedom to speak here, however slight an effect, and my fear is that effect is going to linger unpleasantly, despite the final outcome.

"Hey man, sorry I punched you in the nose - here, have a beer." Okay, sure, but nose is still going to hurt for a while.

I agree entirely, and I took this issue into account when I made my "final judgement," if you will. Not that my judgement is all that important, but I do occasionally like to explain why I said one thing and then the opposite.

I may be out on a limb, but I suspect that the seller not only knew he did wrong, but also knows that questioning an item's status as genuine is a valid question. My point on this is:

Ask the question before you buy the item, not after, and if a seller has an issue with the question, then he/she should be more than happy to sit on it and not sell it. I, for one, will continue to ask if I want to. The buyer has more leverage than the seller, and that's how it always should be.

Attica! Attica!
3dogday.jpg

;)

Well I agree and disagree. I had no intention of leaving negative feedback at all. Wasn't going to and it never crossed my mind. But I do think he sent it only after people on here said they wouldn't buy from him again. But I could be wrong, if you ask my girlfriend, I'm wrong 100% of the time and she's a pretty smart girl!

It's nice to be nice. You are right to not leave negative feedback, no one likes a complainer.
When you marry the pretty smart girl then we will know you are a pretty smart guy. Good job on that. My wife thinks I'm wrong most of the time too.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back