• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

mmm, okay... (1 Viewer)

that is funny. Maybe someone should let him know that he would not sell this for $30, let alone $300. Most of his other books seem in line. Maybe he mis-priced it? Maybe he thinks that he found the golden grail?

ha!

Bill

Yeah the initial price seemed a bit high to me, but I figured... surely the seller would have done some research into the correct price for the item... right? Right?

He relisted the book, but mentions in his listing:

THERE IS SOILING LIGHT TO BACK COVER. THERE IS LIGHT WRINKLE LINES FROM SPINE BUT ALL IS TIGHT. THIS BOOK IS SOLD AS IS. I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THERE IS A COPY OF THIS MAG FOR SALE ON ABE FOR $17.50 I SUGGEST U GO BUY IT N ALL BUKOWSKI HE IS A GREAT POET AND HIS STUFF WILL ONLY GO UP OVER TIME.

What the fuck? Why would he waste his money by listing the book at $75 and then telling the possible bidder than they could buy it on abe for $17.50.

The guy seems odd. Maybe he just likes listing things and calling himself a "bookseller", but I can find no reason to list a damaged book at 5 times the price of a fine one and then telling people in the listing that this is the case.

Seems like he likes failure.

Bill

he's trying to get someone to buy the $17 one on abe so it's gone. eliminate the competition, so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back