• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

More grist for the mill...I mean, books for sale (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
Okay kids, I understand. Times are tough. So let me repost my previous offer under newly slashed prices, and add one or two more items...

1970 - Evergreen Review, June - Soup, Cosmos and Tears - $10

1970 - WHAT THERE IS LEFT TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT A LIGHT WHICH IS NOT ABLE TO BE THERE, edited by T.L. Kryss (Sacramento: Runcible Spoon, 1970) first edition, stapled sheets with silkcreen cover, only 200 copies, mimeograph, cover silkscreen by T.L. Kryss. Light sunning to cover (typical of this title) with some creasing of yapped edges else Near Fine. Uncommon. - $50

1971 - The Black Sparrow Press - A Checklist - $18
Cooney. The first 100 BSP publications. softcover, perfect bound (flat spine), some sunning to the spine, which is typical for this title, otherwise perfect. First and only edition (I think there were 800 made).

[STRIKE]1971 - A Bukowski Sampler, (July 1971, Madison, WI: Druid Books) first reprint, stapled (purple) wrappers, red endpapers. - $60[/STRIKE]

1973 - A Bukowski Sampler, (August, 1973, Madison, WI: Druid Books) second reprint, stapled (blue) wrappers, gold endpapers. - $50

1976 - Tough Company - BSP New Years Greeting, letterpressed, hand stitched. In original BSP envelope. - $20

1981 - A Bibliography of the Black Sparrow Press 1966 - 1978 - Morrow, Cooney. 300 page BSP hardcover first (and only, I assume) edition. - $40

1982 - The Last Generation - BSP New Years Greeting, letterpressed, hand stitched. - $15

1982 - High Times, January - Interview - $14

1982 - High Times, November - The Player (fiction) - $14

1983 - A Bukowski Sampler, third reprint, stapled (cream) wrappers, includes "St. Bukowski" by Morris Edelson, which is not in previous editions. - $40

1987 - Film Comment - August - Interview around Barfly, Mickey Rourke on the cover - one corner is water damaged all the way through the mag (wrinkled, but not discolored). $6

1990 - ONTHEBUS issue 6/7 - Letters to the Webbs in 1962 - these are the letters from Outsider #3 (the one with Bukowski "outsider of the year" on the cover). If you don't have Outsider #3 this is a good way to get a taste of it. - $10

1991 - ONTHEBUS issue 8/9 - I'll have it to go (uncollected poem), and an essay by Doren Robbins, "Drinking Wine in the Slaughterhouse with Septuagenarian Stew." (spine has slight wrinkle/crack) - $8

1992 - Third Lung Review #8, Special Isssue, poems by Charles Bukowski and Harry Brody - the schoolyard of forever, me and faulkner, the great lover, two kinds of hell, what makes, congrats chinaski - $30

1994 - Contemporary Literary Criticism #82 - $25
30 pages on Bukowski. Great condition. Is ex-library, but it was a reference book, so no one could check it out. It doesn't look like it saw much reference use either. Big hardcover. Weighs a couple of pounds, so I'll have to send it media mail (unless you want to pay more for priority).

1992 - 2002 ONTHEBUS issues 10/11, 12, 13, 14, 15/16, 17/18 - this series of paperback book size literary magazines contains the journal entries that became The Captain Is Out To Lunch And The Sailors Have Taken Over The Ship. They start in 1991 and go through 11/16/92 with the last entry being, "Hello Jack, I don't know if you want any more of these? Hold on, Buk." Contrary to the BSP story, ONTHEBUS editor Jack Grapes is the person responsible for getting Bukowski to keep the journal, and this 10 year run of the magazine is the complete series.

There are some entries in these mags that are not in The Captain, and a few entries in The Captain that are not in these mags. So you really need both to get all the entries. Also, Grapes must have handed these over as a group to Martin after Bukowski died, since Captain came out before Grapes had finished publishing the series. Most issues also contain Bukowski poems. Individual copies of ONTHEBUS are not terribly expensive, but this is a tough set to put together as one issue had a short run.

The set weighs 6 pounds, so I would rather not ship these outside the U.S. - $80

Bonus track: Hunter Thompson
============================
1983 - The Curse of Lono - 7th printing - used to be hard to get (this would have sold for $150 on eBay a few years ago), but the title was reissued a couple of years ago, so these 80's era editions have become more affordable. $25

1990 - Songs of the Doomed - First edition hardcover - $22

1993 - Hunter - bio, First edition hardcover (remainder stripe across bottom of pages) - $20

1993 - When the Going Gets Weird - bio, first edition paperback - $15

1994 - Better Than Sex - First edition hardcover - $35

All of these outrageous prices include postage to the U.S. As usual, Eurotrash will have to add $15 (at least - more for heavy items) to the price to cover shipping. Don't blame me, talk to the US post office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back